Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

didn't know B

RC made instant coffee.....gonna have to look into this as an option in my camp kitchen. Kind of on the fence with the current french press I use as I still end up up with a bunch of grounds in my coffee when I pour it into my cup.
Just checked BRC’s website to order some more and did not see the instant sticks listed...dangnabbit. I’ve sent BRCC an inquiry about continued stick sales.

Reactions: HeliSniper

saillakeerie

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Chagrin Falls
Member #

I’ve used the $5 special percolator (about 3 of em) since high school but just switched the French press for a jet boil. Course grind and 7tbsp for 2 cups is just about perfect.

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

Just checked BRC’s website to order some more and did not see the instant sticks listed...dangnabbit. I’ve sent BRCC an inquiry about continued stick sales.
BRCC is planning to have the instant sticks available in December.

Vongoldie

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

US
Member #

coffee..jpg Grind my beans at home... vacuum seal them... heat up the water in the Jet Boil and simply pour over the top... bought the gizmo off Amazon for like 8 bucks and works like a charm..... no grounds!

Reactions: theMightyGoose

WarriorOverland

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Granbury, Texas
First Name
Brody
Last Name
Pruitt
Member #

I mainly do cowboy coffee. Put ground coffee in water as it starts to boil, let it do its thing as it comes to a rolling boil, then pull it off the fire and let the MAGIC happen for a min. or two. Then the trick is to pour a small amount to COLD water to push the grounds to the bottom and bring the temperature to the perfect non lip burning temperature. tilt to pour. then when all the liquid has been consumed... use the grounds for nice chew for the rest of the day. Just a pinch between the cheek and gums for a all day BUZ... i quit tobacco and long time ago but i just cant get over the lip occupation thing.

MuckSavage

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Jersey, NJ, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
McG
Member #

Someone recently gifted me a Stanley press coffee kit. The coffee's OK. Probably just me not knowing the ropes. I'm no coffee connosuer (see can't even spell it) but it suits my needs fine in the field

McGrizzly

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Half Moon Bay
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
McGraw
Member #

I ordered a snowpeak and didnt realize it was 50$ for 1 cup of coffee. good grief what a tiny container. i mean, i have a cup of coffee before i have a cup of coffee. the thing wont even fit on my stove...

just use the regular percolator but boy am i excited by some of you folks setups. about to throw my Kurick away and use one of these at home...

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Todd32x

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

York County, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Beckley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3THB
Service Branch
US Marine Corps
I mainly use an aero press. Taken it all over the world at this point and it’s made a huge difference in field coffee. When I have to use instant I use Trader Joe’s mixed with a Starbucks via. Makes it a little stronger to get you moving in the morning.

Stickbow

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Georgia, USA
Member #

I ordered a snowpeak and didnt realize it was 50$ for 1 cup of coffee. good grief what a tiny container. i mean, i have a cup of coffee before i have a cup of coffee. the thing wont even fit on my stove...

just use the regular percolator but boy am i excited by some of you folks setups. about to throw my Kurick away and use one of these at home...
I use my wife's Keurig with my ground coffee if I want a single cup at home. If I want more, like on a weekend I am going to take a mug with me, or I want really good, strong coffee, I use my press. A friend who is a self proclaimed coffee expert (hope he isn't reading this, he really does know his stuff and has led coffee tourist trips internationally) showed me how to brew best with a press. He prefers a drip funnel when away from home.

I drank a lot of campfire coffee over the years, and still like it, even though it is usually bitter because of the boiling.

I like my coffee like I like my mud, thick and black.

CaptainBuilt

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lafayette, LA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Theriot
Member #

I have a Areopress but it only makes one small cup of coffee. I have to brew twice to get a regular sized cup.

Once I have my house batteries and a inverter, I’m bringing my nespresso machine.

Reactions: ChuckB

Utilityman

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Albuquerque NM
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Raether
Member #

I have a Areopress but it only makes one small cup of coffee. I have to brew twice to get a regular sized cup.

Once I have my house batteries and a inverter, I’m bringing my nespresso machine.

I heat up roughly 14 oz of water then start to pour into the aeropress and let the coffee gravity drip till I’ve poured all of the water. Once I have poured all the water I start the brew process with the aeropress full of water. It makes for a pretty good cup o joe.

Reactions: Shamu

CaptainBuilt

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lafayette, LA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Theriot
Member #

I heat up roughly 14 oz of water then start to pour into the aeropress and let the coffee gravity drip till I’ve poured all of the water. Once I have poured all the water I start the brew process with the aeropress full of water. It makes for a pretty good cup o joe.
I’ll have to try that. Thanks!