Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Saint-Louis de Kent, NB, Canada
First Name
Rino
Last Name
Granito
Member #

I have 6 different type of coffee makers.

1. French press
  2. Stove top espresso maker
  3. Regular coffee maker
  4. Hand help espresso
  5. Peculator
  6. Espresso
The one I use most often is my regular coffee maker Its automatic and its what I need in the morning. Im mostly a zombie in morning and cannot be challenged by complex operations, such as putting coffee on. While camping I tend to use the French press. Boil water in my jet boil, throw some coffee in the bottom of the French press. Add water , slowly plunge down. After a cup or two I can now manage smaller tasks like speech

Last edited:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I have 6 different type of coffee makers.

1. French press
  2. Stove top espresso maker
  3. Regular coffee maker
  4. Hand help espresso
  5. Peculator
  6. Espresso
The one I use most often is my regular coffee maker Its automatic and its what I need in the morning. Im mostly a zombie in morning and cannot be challenged by complex operations, such as putting coffee on. While camping I tend to use the French press. Boil water in my jet boil, throw some coffee in the bottom of the French press. Add water , slowly plunge down. After a cup or two I can now manage smaller tasks like speech
You have it covered I'd say ! LOL

egilbe

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Biddeford, Maine, USA
First Name
Earl
Last Name
Gilbert
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFT263, HAM:
I was up training to run an off-grid hut in Carrabassett Valley and the volunteer coordinator was showing us how to make a good cup of coffee. The secret is to not use boiling water, but just below boiling temp, like 190F. She used the pour over method and filled a carafe. The coffee is pretty good up there. Local company roasts the beans, $8 for a 16oz bag of whole bean coffee. Whenever I go up there to do some hiking or skiiing I'll buy a couple pounds of coffee and use my burr grinder at home to make coffee. If it wasn't a 3 hour trip I'd go up more often.

When hiking, I prefer starbucks Via instant coffee packs. I just need the caffeine to keep the headaches at bay. Starbucks is the only instant coffee that is almost tolerable. Those of you who are boiling Folgers or Maxwell House from a can, don't know what you're missing when you can drink fresh ground coffee from whole beans with hot water poured over it.

I've become a coffee snob.