Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
I plastidipped my bumpers and grill on my truck, if there's one piece of advice I could give you it would be to do at LEAST 4 coats, suggest 5 or 6. I only did two on mine (on purpose) to see what the results were, and it looked great for a while, but then road rocks started taking little pieces out and the chrome started showing through. Rear bumper was perfect.

Bear in mind that I did mine with a spray can instead of purchasing the gallon cans. So if you use a paint sprayer, I'd bet 3 coats would be just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
. Thanks ive dipped my bumper and grill already and all the decals , i dipped the ob badge last night problem is the profiles of the LC AND MOUNTAINS are so fine i think i will loose the detail with two many coats but as i can pull it of its no big deal. Its look good at the mo maybe one more coat later

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
. Thanks ive dipped my bumper and grill already and all the decals , i dipped the ob badge last night problem is the profiles of the LC AND MOUNTAINS are so fine i think i will loose the detail with two many coats but as i can pull it of its no big deal. Its look good at the mo maybe one more coat later
That's exactly why I would prefer to powder coat it.

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about dipping the badge with so many coats. The reason I say you want to do so many with the bumpers and rest is so that you have a thick enough coat on there for Little Rock's to bounce off. Also, when you decide to remove the plastidip, you'll want it thick enough that I will peel off. If it's too thin it will not peel off.

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
i just got mine and salt is a real problem here as well...i've decided to adhere mine to the dash so i can stare at it more [emoji51]

Haha. My other one is inside the wagon for occupants to see.

Reactions: jeffs blackjeep

badmnky

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

PNW E. WA
Member #

I have some clear plasti-dip I think I'll spray mine, since I just put it on, then I can still see my number. Good ideas!

Posted via mobile. OB# 3459

Reactions: Hapkijo

Meta6981

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

When I had to polish my badge for my uniform, I used toothpaste and a toothbrush.

seekerbeta

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Langley, BC
Member #

@jgould @B Wild If you guys have any trouble getting your emblem clean, or you find that your emblem is tarnished permanently (we have had a few cases of certain muds reacting to the emblem), contact @Corrie at: info@overlandbound.com and we will replace it for you for free.

Let us know!

M
HELL NO! the tarnish has stories to tell. mines starting to wear, but I wouldn't replace it ever!

and anyways, I bought 2 at the start, can always put the other one on. if I could ever get this one off. did you put enough 3m tape on that thing or WHAT!

Last edited:
Reactions: hopdup

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Mine looked like @Truck81's emblem due to our salt and slurry. But we've only has about 4" of snow compared to the normal 40", and they haven't salted much this year. It's been on since last May. Today I scrubbed it with Simple Green and a stiff toothbrush. Much of it came off, but it is sorta etched. Once it gets warm in the spring, I might try putting a clear coat on and see if that protects it.

Reactions: truck81_adventures

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
I know ive plastic dipped mine ,but that was only to bring it into line with my other badges , dont we think were being a bit prissy now its a badge on a overland truck were supposed to get dirty

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

dont we think were being a bit prissy now its a badge on a overland truck were supposed to get dirty
I don't mind dirty. I haven't washed my truck since I bought it. I just don't want the Overland Bound badge to get any more corroded and pitted, so I'll try some protection on it.

Reactions: blackntan

Hapkijo

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brooklyn, NY 11232, USA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Lalanne
Member #

I have some clear plasti-dip I think I'll spray mine, since I just put it on, then I can still see my number. Good ideas!

Posted via mobile. OB# 3459

I haven't received mine yet, however I was thinking of clear plasti-dip or clear coat. More leaning towards the clear plasti-dip cause you can just peel it off at the end of the season and re-apply.

badmnky

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

PNW E. WA
Member #

I haven't received mine yet, however I was thinking of clear plasti-dip or clear coat. More leaning towards the clear plasti-dip cause you can just peel it off at the end of the season and re-apply.
I haven't done it yet, but I've clear plasti-dipped a few other things and it works great for protecting what's under it and letting it show through.

Posted via mobile.

Reactions: justin marsh

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

We get a lot of salt on the roads here too. I've taken to wiping mine with an oily rag every now an then to get rid of the white residue. When it's not covered in mud... or in this case Sahara sand.

Reactions: Tom Burnet