Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Akron,Ohio
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8LJW
Ok folks,

Based on some guidance from @Pick Teej, and some map and route recon, tentative timeline and link up as follows:

0600 link up at BP at 908 exit off of Rte 28 hwy north, for anyone traveling from the burgh. 0700 link up at the BP on 68 north off of I80 west for all other travelers. This is near a walmart and a few eateries and gas stations for anyone needing to top off on food, fuel and other comforts.

From the 0700 link up point we will get back on I80 west to Rte 66 and then proceed to kellettville campground area thru Marienville. This is about an hour drive. The goal is to hit Kellettville around 0800 and have a solid days worth of light to explore. We will like use the trail way points that @Pick Teej provided in his link as a guide. If you're using Gaia, it's easily downloaded into gaia once you have the Dropbox app.

Since I'll unlikely get to do a pre-run, we will just have to be flexible with routes and potential locked gates. But, it should be a solid day.

Bring snacks, drinks etc... for stops on trail. Depending on the final trail route, we can circle back to the kellettville tavern or find something else to close out the day with a meal and a beer. Not sure yet how close the Westline Inn is, but that was always a favorite growing up.

Open to suggestions if any one has ideas or concerns.

I'll be running a CB. We can run channel 21 or 22 for starters.

Tim

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Hey guys, came across a link to this in the Midwest Overlanders FB group and I have Friday off work and am looking for some adventure. If you have room for one more I’m interested. Are the meet up times/locations quoted above still the plan? I’m running a mostly stock 4Runner TE on KO2’s, basic recovery gear.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Moosenuckle

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey guys, came across a link to this in the Midwest Overlanders FB group and I have Friday off work and am looking for some adventure. If you have room for one more I’m interested. Are the meet up times/locations quoted above still the plan? I’m running a mostly stock 4Runner TE on KO2’s, basic recovery gear.

If ur coming up 28 u can meet up with techno another guy T4R forums and me at 0600 at millerstown exit 16 off 28

Pick Teej

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Smethport, Pennsylvania
Member #

some of us are meeting right at kelletville campground at the GPS location listed above Thursday night for camping. we will leave that morning when the group from southern PA arrives.

8 am Friday morning departure from Kelletville is still the plan.

Reactions: OhioJeff

OhioJeff

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Akron,Ohio
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8LJW
I can make I 80 and Rt28 by 7:00. Is that early enough for you guys?

OhioJeff

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Akron,Ohio
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8LJW
Is everyone eventually meeting up in Kellettville at 8:00am? If so, that sounds like it would be better for me.

Techno

Rank I

Contributor III

Pittsburgh
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Rob
Ok, the guys coming from Pittsburgh will still meet up as planned and rendezvous with the rest by 8am at the kellettville campground.

Techno

Rank I

Contributor III

Pittsburgh
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Rob
Sorry guys, I'm going to withdraw. 4runner threw a P0016 code this morning, which is most likely a stretched timing chain. Im a bit nervous to head out several hours from home in crappy weather with a mechanical issue looming over me.
If I can somehow get it resolved tomorrow then I'll come along, but from what I'm reading it's not a simple fix.
Super pissed right now.

Moosenuckle

Rank 0

Traveler I

Sorry guys, I'm going to withdraw. 4runner threw a P0016 code this morning, which is most likely a stretched timing chain. Im a bit nervous to head out several hours from home in crappy weather with a mechanical issue looming over me.
If I can somehow get it resolved tomorrow then I'll come along, but from what I'm reading it's not a simple fix.
Super pissed right now.
Take the 3gen

OhioJeff

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Akron,Ohio
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8LJW
I’m on my way, might be a few min late due to icy road conditions.

Fellow Jeeper

Rank V

Influencer II

Latrobe Pa
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Bobincheck
Have a great time guys! Had some unexpected house guest stop in last night and spend the night. Be careful and take a lot of pics for us that can't make it please lol. HAPPY NEW YEAR

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

got in late from WV yesterday..Hoped to be home before 2-3 pm.. By the time we got all unpacked and relaxed it was 9:30..made a few stops on the way home. Sorry I was a no show today guys.. Roads and woods and fields looked ok on the way up through PA though. Not much snow at all..maybe 4-5" tops.