Bramley, Rotherham, South Yorkshire Forest, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
CB Handle: Buckaroo, UK FM Ch.30
To date I have had installed an Eberspacher 1.7Kw, a mikuni 2Kw and the latest is a chinese no brand 5Kw which is a direct copy of the Eberspacher D4 with chinese controllers.
to date, the chinese jobbie has far exceded my expectations considering it's 150 quid price tag.
Not only are these things easy to install, they are by far the cheapest things to run. 1 litre of diesel in 10 hours of continuous heating.

So far so good. Never had a problem down to -15c
What I do not know is at what temperature do these things fail?

Webasto airtop2000 is supposed to work down to -50c ....unless you are in Mongolia in the centre of the Gobi dessert at -35c...and all 4 of your Webasto heaters will not work.
Yes, that happened to the guys from Just Escape last year.

What's your experience in low temperatures with these chinese heaters?

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
The problem is that when it gets that cold, diesel does not flow well. You have to keep your fuel warm. We didn't run diesels in the mountains of Colorado in the winter, just for that reason. Starting a caterpillar that had been sitting outside at -40F could take hours.

I haven't had any problem with my heater at -10F, which is as cold as I have run it. It only uses about a liter overnight so I can easily put a small tank inside in the case of extreme temps.