Member III

Elgin IL
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Johnston
Member #

Hey all,
We are down for the Trans Wisconsin trail this spring. I'm in my New Taco and it craves adventure.
We are headed to MOAB the end of March but down for anything here in the Midwest. I would be carrying 2 kids and Wifey as well but
they are all Scouters that know how to start fires and camp :)

sri kamas

Rank 0

Traveler I

Chicago,IL
Member #

Looks like a nice rig. Do some research on the Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail. It is a nice run and close. 600 miles or so one way. We are trying to get an active group together near Cedar Rapids Iowa, keep an eye out for us, you would be welcome.
Joe.
I have been thinking about if for quite some time and even planning on it. I would like to go with your group if my schedule permits.

sri kamas

Rank 0

Traveler I

Chicago,IL
Member #

Hey all,
We are down for the Trans Wisconsin trail this spring. I'm in my New Taco and it craves adventure.
We are headed to MOAB the end of March but down for anything here in the Midwest. I would be carrying 2 kids and Wifey as well but
they are all Scouters that know how to start fires and camp :)
Same here, wife and 2 kids with a jeep and a trailer. We are going to Moab for EJS 2019, Campsite booked and trails all set to go. Heck of a drive but its worth it. I was there for labor day safari 2017 and we had a blast.

Joe Hunt

Local Expert Iowa, USA
Launch Member

Influencer I

Mechanicsville Iowa
Member #

Same here, wife and 2 kids with a jeep and a trailer. We are going to Moab for EJS 2019, Campsite booked and trails all set to go. Heck of a drive but its worth it. I was there for labor day safari 2017 and we had a blast.
What trails are you taking? hit Baby Lions Back, Arches, Pucker Pass, White Rim to Musclemans. All great places.
Good luck, wish we were going with you.

sri kamas

Rank 0

Traveler I

Chicago,IL
Member #

What trails are you taking? hit Baby Lions Back, Arches, Pucker Pass, White Rim to Musclemans. All great places.
Good luck, wish we were going with you.
Doing hells revenge,golden spike,moab rim , poison spider mesa,flat iron mesa and ,seven miles rim time permits we will see arches national park and drive back.there are too many trails and limited time to cover

Joe Hunt

Local Expert Iowa, USA
Launch Member

Influencer I

Mechanicsville Iowa
Member #

Doing hells revenge,golden spike,moab rim , poison spider mesa,flat iron mesa and ,seven miles rim time permits we will see arches national park and drive back.there are too many trails and limited time to cover
Sounds like you have it all figured out. Sounds like a great trip. Only one thing wrong, we aren't going. Good luck , it is a great place. Take care.

Inspiration overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Bourbonnais, IL, USA
Member #

Don't think I ever checked in here. We are just an hour south of Chicago in Bourbonnais, Il. We have a few trips planned this year and are looking forward to getting our little 99 Explorer Sport out on the trail. We also have a 2018 High Country that my wife would rather use for our adventures, but where is the fun in using a new, reliable, shiny rig when you have one that's 20 years old?

Bravo525

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Wilmington, IL USA
First Name
Rudy
Last Name
Bohland
Member #

New member to OLB. I’m about 30 mins south of Chicago and not much overlanding to do here, lol. Just joined today in hopes of finding like minded people to learn from and share with. I just submitted my app on the Facebook page, so waiting to connect with everyone on there.

sri kamas

Rank 0

Traveler I

Chicago,IL
Member #

New member to OLB. I’m about 30 mins south of Chicago and not much overlanding to do here, lol. Just joined today in hopes of finding like minded people to learn from and share with. I just submitted my app on the Facebook page, so waiting to connect with everyone on there.
Welcome to Overland bound. i am currently scoping out places in michigan especially beach camping and some other forests in michigan.

Bravo525

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Wilmington, IL USA
First Name
Rudy
Last Name
Bohland
Member #

I’ve had some recommendations from friends on 4x4 parks within driving distance and I’d love to give those a try. But, at heart I really love camping and would like to find those place where I could take advantage of having an off road vehicle that is ready to deploy into camping mode.

sri kamas

Rank 0

Traveler I

Chicago,IL
Member #

I’ve had some recommendations from friends on 4x4 parks within driving distance and I’d love to give those a try. But, at heart I really love camping and would like to find those place where I could take advantage of having an off road vehicle that is ready to deploy into camping mode.
4X4 park i like to go to most is Badlands in Attica, IN. Cliffs insane is another one less than one hour but i am never going back there, something about the clay there and i don't get to enjoy it much there. As far as finding a remote place to use 4x4 capabilities and go camping, i am not sure we have anything like that in illinois or even anything within couple of hours of drive.

Cobra5.4

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mount Morris, IL
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9MHN
Welcome to Overland bound. i am currently scoping out places in michigan especially beach camping and some other forests in michigan.
Hope to be that way in July to the Upper part of Michigan. Between there and upper half of WI all in the UP is where do most my camping and exploring so far.

SSGJKJ

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Elgin IL
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Johnston
Member #

Well I have a few trips planned to Michigan and Wisconsin. I would be happy to meet up and chat sometime.