Chicagoland/Illinois

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

Cobra5.4

Rank II

Traveler III

Mount Morris, IL
Member #

Ham Callsign
KD9MHN
We'll be camping at Sylvania Wilderness in the UP and Flambeau State Forest in Wisc. over the 4th long weekend.
Camping in Copper Harbor the 4th then the 5th working way south to Watersmeet and finally in Blackriver Harbor by the ski flying hill on the 6th to camp. Will keep eye out for you guys be cool if see you on the trails.

Reactions: Wanderlost

Lead K9

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Franklin Park, Illinois
First Name
Lead
Last Name
Dog
Member #

We'll be camping at Sylvania Wilderness in the UP and Flambeau State Forest in Wisc. over the 4th long weekend.
Sylvania is a great place. You're going to love it. I backpacked there several years ago and enjoyed it. Just keep in mind the bugs are bigger than the birds this time of year!

ARIZ ST 8

Rank 0

Contributor I

Chicago, IL
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Perlman
Late to this Forum and this Thread.

Vehicle: Gen 3 Montero
Setup: Touring (2" lift, RTT)

IMG_20190611_164414_379.jpg
(Recent trip to the dunes in Michigan)

Reactions: C Shine

Connor_Dobbins

Rank I

Contributor II

Northwest Chicago Suburb
First Name
Connor
Last Name
Dobbins
Member #

New to Overland Bound and the general Overlanding community!
Vehicle: 2010 Subaru Outback Limited (currently stock)
- Planning on outfitting my Outback to better handle more situations but as we all probably know, it's expensive.
If anyone in my area knows of trusted and reliable shops to start some work that would be great! First things I am probably going to add a hitch or/and roof basket, then probably a bull bar or a grill guard of some kind to add more lights. Eventually a 2" lift and full skids is probably going to happen but that will be a while.

DanMetiv

Rank I

Member I

Chicago IL
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Metivier
Member #

I'm here in Chicago on the NW side. Looking for ways to get the family outdoors and just find out about Overlanding. I drive a first gen Honda Ridgeline and I'm really looking forward to learning more, meeting folks, and adventuring!

Reactions: ARIZ ST 8