Cobra5.4

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mount Morris, IL
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9MHN
We'll be camping at Sylvania Wilderness in the UP and Flambeau State Forest in Wisc. over the 4th long weekend.
Camping in Copper Harbor the 4th then the 5th working way south to Watersmeet and finally in Blackriver Harbor by the ski flying hill on the 6th to camp. Will keep eye out for you guys be cool if see you on the trails.

Reactions: Wanderlost

Lead K9

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Franklin Park, Illinois
First Name
Lead
Last Name
Dog
Member #

We'll be camping at Sylvania Wilderness in the UP and Flambeau State Forest in Wisc. over the 4th long weekend.
Sylvania is a great place. You're going to love it. I backpacked there several years ago and enjoyed it. Just keep in mind the bugs are bigger than the birds this time of year!

Mugwomp

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Oak Lawn, IL, USA
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Chalm
Member #

New to overlanding but diving in head first picking up a 19 Toyota Tacoma and have a parts list a mile long.
Located in Oak Lawn IL

Reactions: DanMetiv

ARIZ ST 8

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Chicago, IL
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Perlman
Late to this Forum and this Thread.

Vehicle: Gen 3 Montero
Setup: Touring (2" lift, RTT)

IMG_20190611_164414_379.jpg
(Recent trip to the dunes in Michigan)

Reactions: C Shine

Connor_Dobbins

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Northwest Chicago Suburb
First Name
Connor
Last Name
Dobbins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRHW455
New to Overland Bound and the general Overlanding community!
Vehicle: 2010 Subaru Outback Limited (currently stock)
- Planning on outfitting my Outback to better handle more situations but as we all probably know, it's expensive.
If anyone in my area knows of trusted and reliable shops to start some work that would be great! First things I am probably going to add a hitch or/and roof basket, then probably a bull bar or a grill guard of some kind to add more lights. Eventually a 2" lift and full skids is probably going to happen but that will be a while.

DanMetiv

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Chicago IL
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Metivier
Member #

I'm here in Chicago on the NW side. Looking for ways to get the family outdoors and just find out about Overlanding. I drive a first gen Honda Ridgeline and I'm really looking forward to learning more, meeting folks, and adventuring!

Reactions: ARIZ ST 8

Scontroneboy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chicago
First Name
Franco
Last Name
Valentino
Member #

Just found this thread, jumping on to keep up with the Chicago folks and future trips

Joe Hunt

Local Expert Iowa, USA
Launch Member

Influencer I

Mechanicsville Iowa
Member #

I'm here in Chicago on the NW side. Looking for ways to get the family outdoors and just find out about Overlanding. I drive a first gen Honda Ridgeline and I'm really looking forward to learning more, meeting folks, and adventuring!
Joe here. If I can be of any assistance please don't hesitate in calling. I am an Overland Bound member #10411.
I also own Nomad Overlanding of Eastern Iowa. We do alot of traveling and have done so for many years. We encourage family adventures and like to see folks get out on the trail. Good luck.
Joe Hunt
319-521-7513

Scontroneboy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chicago
First Name
Franco
Last Name
Valentino
Member #

Hey Dan,

I'm on the North side near Foster and Damen, have been camping with my kids since they were still in diapers and would be more than happy to be a resource for you. There are plenty of family friendly campgrounds within 2-3 hours of Chicago if you need any input. In terms of getting your family outdoors there's surprisingly a lot of opportunity within 30/60 min drive of the city. Especially if you just want to give them an intro without going all in. However, I've never seen any kids complain about being outdoors or camping, now the wives are another story, haha! Have also been taking my son on 1-2 week overland/camp/hike/mountain bike trips for the past 3 years and he just turned 14 so, again, happy to share any knowledge or insight.

Cheers!

Franco

Reactions: Onward4x4

Stan050

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Chicago, Illinois, USA
First Name
Stan
Last Name
Kuprianczyk
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WW9I
I know this is an old thread but I thought I would pop in and say hello.
Stan from the NW side.
I’m a new OB member and new to overlanding. I am retiring in 6 months and plan on traveling around the US living full time out of my Jeep Wrangler.

Onward4x4

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Chicago, Illinois
First Name
Nima
Last Name
Taradji
Member #

I know this is an old thread but I thought I would pop in and say hello.
Stan from the NW side.
I’m a new OB member and new to overlanding. I am retiring in 6 months and plan on traveling around the US living full time out of my Jeep Wrangler.
Hah--you and I are following the same dream. Am in Chicago and planning on getting on the TAT when this lock down is over.

Reactions: Stan050

Scontroneboy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chicago
First Name
Franco
Last Name
Valentino
Member #

Joe Hunt

Local Expert Iowa, USA
Launch Member

Influencer I

Mechanicsville Iowa
Member #

Anyone from the Chicagoland area or Illinois? I'm in a jeep club here as well and would be cool to get both the clubs together! Also am always looking for meet ups to see rigs and get ideas.
We are in Eastern Iowa. Nomad Overlanding. We are open for OB members to resupply, camp, or just hang out. There is a nice campsite on our property and members are welcome.
Joe & Sally
OB 10411
Nomad Overlanding

Attachments