• HTML tutorial

Brooks Travel Adventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kissimmee, FL
Member #

Hello All,

Planning a trip September 29th-October 1st for anyone who would like to join that will start at Peters Point Beach in Amelia Island Friday night, wake to the sunrise on Saturday morning and travel to the west coast for the sunset. (still working on west coast camp that will allow dogs). Any input would be appreciated as well.

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
Hello All,

Planning a trip September 29th-October 1st for anyone who would like to join that will start at Peters Point Beach in Amelia Island Friday night, wake to the sunrise on Saturday morning and travel to the west coast for the sunset. (still working on west coast camp that will allow dogs). Any input would be appreciated as well.
Sounds awesome! Sadly I will be out of the country at this time.

How about you put together a trip on Overland Rally Point? Let me know if you need help and I'll help you put together the meet up!

DropMech

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Florida
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Sorrentino
Service Branch
USCG
If I can manage to get a rig by then I'd love to join!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brooks Travel Adventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kissimmee, FL
Member #

Sounds awesome! Sadly I will be out of the country at this time.

How about you put together a trip on Overland Rally Point? Let me know if you need help and I'll help you put together the meet up!
I was starting that today but got busy at work so I need to finish it up tonight. I am still trying to find a good campground on the west coast that will allow dogs if you know any. The original thought was Shired Island but they do not allow dogs.

Reactions: AdventureWithDanan

RescueRangers

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fleming Island, Fl
Member #

Most Florida beaches do not allow dogs. We ran into this at Fort Pickens last week. This doesn't mean dogs are not allowed, there are just restrictions. We were allow to venture anywhere except the beach and fort. Looking at St. George Island I saw the same thing, not on the beach but they are good in the campgrounds and other public places. So just because they say no dogs on the beach doesn't mean no dogs.

Also, Fort Pickens has a group campgrounds. May want to check other public lands to see if there may be a group camp area. That may be better than people trying to get individual RV spots. I did some looking around at primitive campsites but the ones I looked at were walk-in.

Lastly, the daughter and friend ran the route up to Lake City and found some issues. One road we were looking at was closed and another was impassable due to flood damage. They had a long conversation with a Ranger and got some good work arounds so we still have some dirty to get between your tire treads.