• HTML tutorial

Chaentjens

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

East Haddam CT
Member #

Hello all!

I figured I would start a new build thread for my current work in progress, my 2011 toyota 4runner SR5.
I've already done quite a bunch to it but still have a lot to do.
I have installed a supreme suspension leveling kit on her.(I just bought an ome lift for it, going on soon!)

I also installed my new ARB bull bar and 12k winch! ARB makes one hell of a stout product!

Then I received my ARB intensity led lights for the front. These are almost overkill[emoji6] .

I have on order my ARB snorkel

And my shrockworks rear bumper is on order[emoji16] with a sept 29 est delivery[emoji27] .

I decided to make my own power distribution center. I cut some aluminum and welded up a platform to hold the 200 amp fuse block and 6 40 amp relays.

All connections are soldered and sealed heat shrink. The relays are water proof hella units, very well made.
I sent signal wires up to my dash for the factory style switches I will install as needed. I only have the switch for the ARB lights so far. I now have reliable power for a fridge,more lights,power etc.
I also installed a uniden pro510xl cb. I wanted a integrated look and room is at a premium in my dash so I removed the forward cup holder and made a filler plate out of aluminum to hold the cb. Let me know what you think

That's it for now! I will post up more as it happens!

Sent from my LG-LS997 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: SoTexTacoma

Chaentjens

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

East Haddam CT
Member #

I machined a manifold to house all my breathers and relocate them up high in my engine compartment.
I just have the rear axle in for the moment decided to call it a night.

I was able to use the extra retainers on the frame to rout the tubing up.

Enjoy!

Chaentjens

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

East Haddam CT
Member #

So far I love them. I have about 10k on them and only mild trails. No real mud to see how they clean out. But have done surprisingly well on everything else while keeping decent road manners. The price is amazing especially for an E rated tire. We will see how they last and how they behave on some more wet trails.

L3TT3RS

Rank 0

Traveler I

I thinkni going this route on my truck and was thinking of putting them on my wife's as well. Vs at3 for hers

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Chaentjens

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

East Haddam CT
Member #

Just got my ARB snorkel in from brown santa today!!
I got all the holes lined up and drilled/cut out. I just put por15 on all the bare surfaces. So the big wait till tomorrow to do final install!

sent from deep space nine

Chaentjens

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

East Haddam CT
Member #

Hey all!
Time for an update!
I finally got my sliders and rear bumper from shrockworks! I have to say I've dealt with a lot of companies and they by far have the best fit and finish to date! Both items went on without any issues period!
I also got my new suspension from OME and SPC upper control arms installed.
The new ride is unbelievable! Handles all the weight in strides.
I'm going to post a fewt easer pics now but will do a more in-depth build show later.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Chaentjens

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

East Haddam CT
Member #

Here's a quick little project done.
There's Not many places on the dash to mounts A GPS so I made a bracket out of lexan. I painted it black to match my dash and I mounted it to the door for the cubby I don't use. I then took my Samsung 7" tablet and used gorilla double stick tape and mounted it. I have Built-in GPS/ Mapping and obd2 Software to display all the information of my truck.

Reactions: Jimmy P

Chaentjens

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

East Haddam CT
Member #

Installed my ARB on board air last week! Used it today,worked perfect!
Made a quick mount to mount it to factory holes in front of the air box.

Reactions: Jimmy P