Central Valley/Central CA Roll Call! Where you from?

• HTML tutorial

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Creator III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Gfoster86, welcome. Glad you joined in. I run thur Fresno often, I Winter camp above Fresno every year in December or January depending on which month gets more snow, and I'm there. Other then that I go as often as I can to camp and fly fish. I started posting on the thread ' overland trip now and then' under Adventures INTHEWOODS. This Saturday I think I'm going to try to get a campsite at wowana campground by the river, just inside the Yosemite gate if not I'll head to fish camp snow park and camp. See you at the meet and greet or INTHEWOODS

gfoster86

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Fresno, CA, USA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Foster
Member #

Gfoster86, welcome. Glad you joined in. I run thur Fresno often, I Winter camp above Fresno every year in December or January depending on which month gets more snow, and I'm there. Other then that I go as often as I can to camp and fly fish. I started posting on the thread ' overland trip now and then' under Adventures INTHEWOODS. This Saturday I think I'm going to try to get a campsite at wowana campground by the river, just inside the Yosemite gate if not I'll head to fish camp snow park and camp. See you at the meet and greet or INTHEWOODS
That sounds awesome.
This weekend I’m heading to cooler temps and going to morro bay. But in the upcoming weeks something up the mountains sounds great. I’ve never fly fished but love regular fishing.
I’d like to hit up iron lakes.

JJTaco13

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Madera, CA
First Name
Jesus
Last Name
Ortiz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZK
That sounds awesome.
This weekend I’m heading to cooler temps and going to morro bay. But in the upcoming weeks something up the mountains sounds great. I’ve never fly fished but love regular fishing.
I’d like to hit up iron lakes.
I attempted iron lakes route last year, only made it 4 miles in. I would like to go back. interested in doing a meet and ride.

JJTaco13

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Madera, CA
First Name
Jesus
Last Name
Ortiz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZK
Why only 4miles?
Actually it was star lake route near fish camp... the trail was supposed to be about 14 miles long...it was winter... I didn’t realize the gate was supposed to be closed...some one had pushed it open...we didn’t have much time so we turned around at the T...

Reactions: gfoster86

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

Hey there Everybody,
Based out of Bako.
Welcome! You are in between the Central Valley and Socal areas, and have your pick of both. We are trying to facilitate a piggyback with a Socal chapter for a trail run, as well as one local to Central Valley. We are also looking at one from sequoia area to Isabella as well. Stay tuned!

RJCanyon

Rank V

Member III

California, USA
First Name
Bobby
Last Name
Horne
Member #

Thank you! But as the OLB mantra goes.. it doesn’t matter what you drive! Cannot wait to see some pics of your GMC! Please share!
Will do! ive got the lift kit, shocks in hand. just need to fund the wheels and tires and then pics! plenty of other plans!
build thread here

Reactions: itsdchz

AnywhereInTX

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Huntsville, AL, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
C
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRDP535
I'm an inbetweener too. Monterey Peninsula region is just on the edge of central and norcal.

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 EcoDiesel with RTT Trailer.

Reactions: RJCanyon