Central TX Monthly meetings

• HTML tutorial

ZuLander

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

San Marcos, Tx
Member #

I think we had a good meeting tonight. Loved seeing some OB members from last month, and some new faces this month. Lots of great rigs! In the OB spirit of "It doesn't matter what you drive", a good mix of everything. I didn't get any pictures, I just never think of pulling out the phone. Next month, let's do a poser photo. We can get all the vehicles lined up, and get a good shot. @Longshot270 sounds like our photographer, since he is bringing a DSLR. Probably takes much better photos then my iPhone.
Jeff, here's a link to the TAO/TO event I mentioned in October. Hope to see everyone there!

Mike Smith
1995 Trooper and custom trailer
San Marcos, TX

RiverCityDave

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Austin, Texas
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Hunter
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Do we have a list of the usernames that were present so we can put some online names to faces?

I have the old Grey FZJ80.
4A0C090F-7500-4263-B885-FC86BA777090.JPG

64A547A1-5EF3-46C9-95DC-911ED559C2B9.JPG

Last edited:

TxBlacKKat

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

San Marcos TX
Member #

I was there. I'm Terry, and Blackkat is my Liberty

2008 Jeep Liberty"BlacKKat", Custom bumpers by At The Helm Fabrication 2in lift 245/75/16 Mtr Kevlar.
"A bad day camping is better than a good day at work"

Reactions: RiverCityDave

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Jeff, here's a link to the TAO/TO event I mentioned in October. Hope to see everyone there!

Mike Smith
San Marcos, TX
If you are able to be in the area for this (speaking to everyone) please make sure you go. Its only on its 3rd or 4th year and still getting going. Would love to see this take off and become a solid option for the central states who can't make the coastal Expos. If you are able, volunteer. Spread the word as much as you can. Set up a group of OB members to roll up together!

RiverCityDave

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Austin, Texas
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Hunter
Member #

Service Branch
Army
If you are able to be in the area for this (speaking to everyone) please make sure you go. Its only on its 3rd or 4th year and still getting going. Would love to see this take off and become a solid option for the central states who can't make the coastal Expos. If you are able, volunteer. Spread the word as much as you can. Set up a group of OB members to roll up together!
I'm planning to try to make it, it just depends what the Army has planned in that time frame.

edit- I just checked my calendar and it looks like I should be good to be there.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZuLander

dna44

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin TX
First Name
Nick
Last Name
DiPasquale
Member #

We will definitely be heading to the event

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
This is on my calender, if anyone wants to convoy from the Austin area. I will probably be attending all three days

ZuLander

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

San Marcos, Tx
Member #

Stoked to hear the enthusiasm for this event! I'll be there for sure, possibly in a supporting role for the event.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Silverback07

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central Texas
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Braden
Member #

I'll try to go, we will have been in Arkansas the previous week doing the High Watermark trail and some others, planning on a 6 or 7 day trip. So depending on what I break (fingers crossed its nothing) I will try to make it out there.

texasavidoutdoors

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Austin, Texas
Member #

Good afternoon folks! I wanted to reach out and introduce myself. I am a new OB member and a founder of Texas Avid Outdoors and the TAO Fall Outdoor Expo. I am here to answer any questions that you may have about our event and of course to invite you all to be part of what we are growing here. As Texas's first dedicated overland event, we are trying hard to grow something sustainable in the hopes that we can do this for years to come. As is clear here in this thread, there is a great and growing community of overland enthusiests here in Texas and some amazing Texas based vendors who cater to this community. My goal is to get all of you together with out having to drive to other parts of the country to make it happen. I really look forward to getting to hopefully meet all of you and get to know you. I also will try my best to get to the September meet up. Saturday's are sometimes as little tough as I'm in the catering business and weekends are busy! Until then, please ask any questions that you may have! A big thanks to ZuLander for letting you all know about the event!

ZuLander

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

San Marcos, Tx
Member #

Good afternoon folks! I wanted to reach out and introduce myself. I am a new OB member and a founder of Texas Avid Outdoors and the TAO Fall Outdoor Expo. I am here to answer any questions that you may have about our event and of course to invite you all to be part of what we are growing here. As Texas's first dedicated overland event, we are trying hard to grow something sustainable in the hopes that we can do this for years to come. As is clear here in this thread, there is a great and growing community of overland enthusiests here in Texas and some amazing Texas based vendors who cater to this community. My goal is to get all of you together with out having to drive to other parts of the country to make it happen. I really look forward to getting to hopefully meet all of you and get to know you. I also will try my best to get to the September meet up. Saturday's are sometimes as little tough as I'm in the catering business and weekends are busy! Until then, please ask any questions that you may have! A big thanks to ZuLander for letting you all know about the event!
Hey Frank! Glad to see you as part of this community now as well. Can't wait until the expo, and hope to see you at other meetups soon!

Mike Smith
San Marcos, TX