Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Good afternoon folks! I wanted to reach out and introduce myself. I am a new OB member and a founder of Texas Avid Outdoors and the TAO Fall Outdoor Expo. I am here to answer any questions that you may have about our event and of course to invite you all to be part of what we are growing here. As Texas's first dedicated overland event, we are trying hard to grow something sustainable in the hopes that we can do this for years to come. As is clear here in this thread, there is a great and growing community of overland enthusiests here in Texas and some amazing Texas based vendors who cater to this community. My goal is to get all of you together with out having to drive to other parts of the country to make it happen. I really look forward to getting to hopefully meet all of you and get to know you. I also will try my best to get to the September meet up. Saturday's are sometimes as little tough as I'm in the catering business and weekends are busy! Until then, please ask any questions that you may have! A big thanks to ZuLander for letting you all know about the event!
Welcome! I know their is a lot of interests in the TAO/TO event. This event probably deserves its own thread. You could start it under the SouthWest region, and name it Texas Avid Outdoors. I have some lagistical questions, I will post, once the thread is created. I'm looking forward to attending. Again, great to see you on OB Forum. You are very welcome here.

Reactions: dna44

Silverback07

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central Texas
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Braden
Member #

Well I'm going to miss this one as I am taking the trailer out on a shakedown run this weekend.

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Looking forward to seeing everyone this Saturday. Who thinks they will be able to make it out?

I'm hoping we get some good photos this meeting. I would like to get a cool photo, to use for the rally point invite.

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

Where is it at this time around? Will it be in Buda again or somewhere else?

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
FYI: I update the first post in the thread, with changes:

We will be holding a monthly meeting for the Central TX OB community on the second Saturday of each month. The location may change, to accommodate attendance, and member requests. Please post requests for change of location to this thread.

For the meeting on Sep 9, 2017 we will be meeting at Cabelas Parking lot starting at 6:00:

15570 S IH 35 Frontage Rd, Buda, TX 78610

For the meeting on October 14, 2017 Nick @dna44 and Kaylee have arranged for us to meet at Oskar Blue's

10420 Metric BLVD #150
Austin, TX 78758

https://www.oskarblues.com/breweries/austin/

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Last edited:

ZuLander

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

San Marcos, Tx
Member #

We have plans to be camping this weekend, so I don't think we'll make it. The next one for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Well, this sucks! Flight problems, I'm stuck out ot state. I will not be able to attend myselfe. I'm sure we will get a good turnout, so please take photo's, so I know what I missed out on.

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

Not missing much, just a few muscle cars and one of the jeeps from the jeep club.

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

So, there was a grand total of three OB members but I figured the Harvey fall out and local fuel shortages would result in low turnout.

Silverback07

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central Texas
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Braden
Member #

Wish I could have made it... I went out to Shafer Bend for a shakedown run on the trailer. Worked great, had a few logistical issues I'll need to address. But overall it was a success.
IMG_9525 (Medium).JPG

JoshD

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

New Braunfels, TX
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Fields
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AF5RY
Dang...New member here and it looks like I just missed a meeting. I'm in New Braunfels so just a hop, skip, and a jump away from Cabelas. Next month for sure! Thanks - Josh

ZuLander

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

San Marcos, Tx
Member #

So how about a second chance since so many people missed this one...
We're having a Texas Overland meetup Saturday Sept 23 at The Junction Eatery & Drinkery, starting at noon.
It's at the intersection of RR12& FM32 just outside of Wimberley.
It's an outdoor venue with food trailers and a bar. Totally kid and dog friendly.
Also, my daughter and I will be heading to camp at Oxford Ranch afterwards, and anyone is welcome to join. Hope to see y'all there!

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
So how about a second chance since so many people missed this one...
We're having a Texas Overland meetup Saturday Sept 23 at The Junction Eatery & Drinkery, starting at noon.
It's at the intersection of RR12& FM32 just outside of Wimberley.
It's an outdoor venue with food trailers and a bar. Totally kid and dog friendly.
Also, my daughter and I will be heading to camp at Oxford Ranch afterwards, and anyone is welcome to join. Hope to see y'all there!

That sounds fantastic! I regret that I will not be able to attend. I'm heading out on the 20th for Yosemite NP. After Yosemite, I'm heading to OB OTG 2017. We are dropping by the Grand Canyon on my way home, so will be out of TX until October 6th.

Reactions: ZuLander

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Reactions: pixelsailor

dna44

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin TX
First Name
Nick
Last Name
DiPasquale
Member #

Is everyone going to the Expo? Is there a convoy happening?

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

Won't be going to this one. I've got to keep the generators running and tunes blasting for a friend's wedding that day.

ZuLander

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

San Marcos, Tx
Member #

Hey gang. Just a reminder of the Texas Fall Outdoor Expo this weekend, Oct 13-15 at Oxford Ranch outside of Llano.
The event is free, and camping is $8/night. Classes, Vendors and contests. Not to mention lots of swag given away!
With the addition of OutdoorX4, Overland Journal, and Expedition Portal, this event is garnering A LOT of attention.
Hope to see y'all there!
www.texasavidoutdoors.com

Reactions: PuraVida