Launch Member

Contributor III

Alexandria, VA, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Mack
Member #

I'd love to but I wasnt getting any interest show-ups...

If i had some folks that were going to attend, ill keep it running
Makes sense, I'd be interested in meeting up regularly. I might be moving this weekend, but I was curious if I should push to make it happen. I'm in Alexandria, VA, so not sure if I'm close enough.

Redorangefreak

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Sykesville, MD, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Scruggs
Member #

I think my group would be more likely to tag along if we move it to Saturday. Also does anyone know of any local (or close to local) trails we could run after the meet? Closest one I know of is peters mill run and that's about 2 hours from Eldersburg. Would be fun to do more than get breakfast haha.

mlivesay

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Eldersburg, Maryland, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Livesay
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I think my group would be more likely to tag along if we move it to Saturday. Also does anyone know of any local (or close to local) trails we could run after the meet? Closest one I know of is peters mill run and that's about 2 hours from Eldersburg. Would be fun to do more than get breakfast haha.
I’m good with anything. I’ve just been trying to see what interest is there and see if people show up. I personally like to go to flagpole pretty often. But that’s a bit of a drive.

Redorangefreak

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Sykesville, MD, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Scruggs
Member #

I spoke with my group and the 7th is good for most of us. Peter’s mill run is right off 83 in northern VA (there is also taskers gap, which I haven't done yet but is right next to peters mill). We have done flagpole/union bridge a few times but it’s at least a 3 hour drive from eldersburg.

Last edited:

Chon K3DHS

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Montgomery Village, MD
First Name
Chon
Last Name
Gann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K3DHS
Greetings all, I have been away for awhile now from OB, I am glad there is some local (Maryland based) interest. I did get a new rig this past year as the FJ finally had to be retired. Running a 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, still have some work to do, but it has been reliable and I am looking forward to some more trail time. I saw OB also now has an app, that will make it a lot easier to stay informed and engaged with any discussions.

In the meantime, I hope all are well, and look forward to finally meeting some along the trail soon.

Thanks.,
Chon

Reactions: Schake

Mavilla

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Falls Church, VA, USA
First Name
mario
Last Name
Villalobos
Member #

I spoke with my group and the 7th is good for most of us. Peter’s mill run is right off 83 in northern VA (there is also taskers gap, which I haven't done yet but is right next to peters mill). We have done flagpole/union bridge a few times but it’s at least a 3 hour drive from eldersburg.
I am in falls church va, let me know if you guys go i am interested to join.

syrtus

Rank III

Enthusiast I

California, MD
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Young
Member #

Hi all,
I just moved to Southern Maryland. It looks like you are trying to get something started in the area. Fingers crossed. Post COVID I'm in!

Pixelsaurus

Rank V

Advocate III

Maryland, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Butcher
Member #

Im interested in meetups post Covid as well. Hopefully that’s about the same time the trails dry out this spring.

In the meantime I’ll be adding things to my truck

Ranger Brand

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gambrills, Maryland, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Harding
Member #

I am gonna go ahead and say that "Post COVID" or "After COVID" is not a round the corner thing as new strains of the virus are already spreading. I believe if wanted we can do a meet up and maintain safe distances and all CDC/State recommendations. If enough people are down for that?

Reactions: Mavilla

Ranger Brand

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gambrills, Maryland, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Harding
Member #

I am interested. I am in Falls church va.
Hopefully more people will see this throughout the week for this upcoming weekend, but I know some people have church on Sundays so I hope for Saturday at like 0930-1000ish in case of Friday night shenanigans. Possibly 3 members going as of right now.

mlivesay

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Eldersburg, Maryland, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Livesay
Member #

Service Branch
USMC

Link to the Rally Point this Saturday 13 March 2021.
Looks like a good time and I
Hope to attend. I was the one that created the original meetup and had a good bit of interested from other members but little to no one showed up, thus the cancellation. I hope this gains a little more traction this time.

Reactions: Ranger Brand

Ranger Brand

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gambrills, Maryland, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Harding
Member #

Looks like a good time and I
Hope to attend. I was the one that created the original meetup and had a good bit of interested from other members but little to no one showed up, thus the cancellation. I hope this gains a little more traction this time.
Well hopefully we will see, I have seen at least 10 people interested and even if half show up I think it would be a good step forward.