First Name
Josh
Last Name
Fornwall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4WOL
@Michael I do use the RAM mount x-grip attached to a
http://www.panavise.com/index.html?pageid=1&id1=30&--wosectionsdatarq=30&indashaction=--
Custom bracket (hard mount) made vehicle specific (no suction cup). The combo works amazing with zero issues on or off road.
They make many custom hard mount brackets that you add the adapter ball/plate to use with the RAM mount.
Love the idea of this, but man, why do good things cost so much? It's added to my list :grin:

cruiseroutfit

Rank V

Influencer II

Yewtah
I've been rocking a combination of RAM mounts, suction cups and Panavise in a variety of vehicle for ~10 years,. I've seen a handful of other seemingly prevailing options come and go and yet I'm still a fan of the RAM setups. Here is the 100 Series Panavise Setup

IMG_1532.JPG

Reactions: Rattlesnake44

hosalabad

Rank 0

Contributor I

My twist lock always falls when there are temperature swings. I went with the adhesive disk and no problems over two years. I figure I'm doing a favor for the next owner.

DocTorres112

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Torres
Member #

Really appreciate this thread, will be watching and if anyone's set up hasn't been covered yet, please post. Just got a new 4-runner and would love to see what you all are using.

-Chris

Railman

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Manhattan Il
Member #

I just started using a mount from 67 designs https://www.67d.com and love it. I ended up with he 6" carbon fiber arm with a mag mount for my iPhone 7. It holds my phone great and I don't even have the steel plate on the outside of phone case like they recommend . I will say I am not to sure how well it would stay put on trails or real ruff surfaces but they do make different holders other than the mag mount. I ended up mounting the set up with 2 sided tape and it has held for over a month now. I did not want to screw it into the dash of my Ram.