CDN M101 in Vegas

• HTML tutorial

AZcat

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Arizona
Member #

I'm going to load it and do some test run before our trip in a couple weeks. The boat is going on CL soon. It just came with the trailer.

Thanks again, didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Reactions: vegasjeepguy

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

As a continual work in progress, it’s a process of little upgrades on the trailer. I picked up a pair of these.

FE369BEA-BE79-4003-A919-724926BC25BE.jpeg

I pulled my Max Axe out from under the rear seat just to see how well it mounted.

6AC023CD-AA70-4288-A6CF-CA11E5E6D27B.jpeg

Now I’m waiting for the shovel I ordered.

3986FAD9-7068-4027-8767-923D633E6F4D.jpeg

Caddis

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kingsburg, CA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Regier
Member #

It was a cheap Harbor Freight solar kit. The panels are only 15w each. I picked up it up a few years ago to see how much use I’d get from a solar setup. I’ve recently picked up a flexible 80w panel and passed the Harbor Freight kit on to a friend.
I've been looking at the harbor freight solar. How do you like the Dokia?

Last edited:

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

I've been looking at the harbor freight solar. How do you like the Dokia?
Haven’t had it out yet, but played around with it in the driveway. The foldable panel is much easier to handle and the output of 80w is significantly better than the 30w I got using two panels. The Harbor Freight panels I had were glass and I broke one my last trip out.

HeliSniper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Dallas, Texas
First Name
Brad
Last Name
S
Member #

First, Thank you so much for your service to our country, thank you for being a bad-ass when so many are unwilling.
I love the way you are going about your trailer build, methodical as you go, while still getting off grid when you can. My opinion, you're doing it right.

Reactions: GHQ1 and yak51

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

First, Thank you so much for your service to our country, thank you for being a bad-ass when so many are unwilling.
I love the way you are going about your trailer build, methodical as you go, while still getting off grid when you can. My opinion, you're doing it right.
I appreciate that. Sure I can be a bit of an attention whore, but I have found build threads to be very helpful and informative and am glad others see the value. It’s also a good way to look back on where I started and where I’ve come.

Reactions: Mudraider

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Other than playing around in the driveway when I first got it, I haven’t been out. Hopefully next month, but definitely in May.
Thanks they are a good price point

Joe Hunt

Local Expert Iowa, USA
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mechanicsville Iowa
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Hunt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ke0uvb
Service Branch
USAF
In 2010 I found a '92 CDN M101 on Craigslist locally for $1k after looking for almost 2 years. The original owner had planned to build an expedition trailer and fabricated a top mounted frame attached with a piano hinge and mounted a Jeep spare tire carrier on the rear. He also swapped out the hubs for 5x4.5 TJ hub pattern. He then decided to go in a different direction and opted to sell it. At the time, $1k was more than I wanted to spend, but I bit the bullet and snatched it up...and I am so glad I did. The paint was in decent shape, but decided to rattle can it in black. That paint job has held up well for 6 years and have stuck with it.
View attachment 3079 View attachment 3080
Looks great. I'm a believer in sometimes simple is far better, less to go wrong, more durable. I started with only a frame from a trailer made to haul a fuel tank. No axle. 3500# axle that I put on, 4x6 bed. Built a box, side doors, drop tail gate and table. All flat surfaces to sit things on. A camp storage drawer for dishes and dry goods.