Cornelius, NC, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Bell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4UGY
Hi Guys - I am going to attend and then hopefully camp with whoever is going to Old NC 105.

Reactions: JButtress

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

If Old NC 105 is crowded, I strongly recommend checking out Maple Sally. It's right on the other side of the gorge, has some good campsites and other than the guys on the dual sports it is largely overlooked. I've been up there a few times and I've never seen anyone else camping there. It's a really awesome easy track with what should be some pretty amazing overlooks now that the leaves have dropped.

Reactions: JButtress

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

This will be a meet and greet for Overlanders in the North Carolina and South Carolina regions to meet new people and check out everyone's rigs. All people from the Southeast Region who are willing to do the drive are welcome.
Is everyone still good for tomorrow despite the weather? Looks like rain starting in the morning for most of the day.

I’m still good for both the meet & greet and camping on Old Nc 105

Reactions: Afrojeeper Overland

ajbell

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Cornelius, NC, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Bell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4UGY
For anyone who is camping - any thoughts on meals? Should we cook or is there a local place to eat at?

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

For anyone who is camping - any thoughts on meals? Should we cook or is there a local place to eat at?
I usually cook, but with the weather I'm just going to do something simple. I do generally try to find a nice mom & pop breakfast spot for the drive out Sunday morning. so anyone is welcome to join me for that.

Also, do you have a tarp on your right Aj?

ajbell

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Cornelius, NC, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Bell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4UGY
I usually cook, but with the weather I'm just going to do something simple. I do generally try to find a nice mom & pop breakfast spot for the drive out Sunday morning. so anyone is welcome to join me for that.

Also, do you have a tarp on your right Aj?
I have no tarp on my rig :( but I can bring an easy up tarp.

TRAYNC

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Midland, NC
First Name
Travis
Last Name
R
Member #

Not sure I’m going to ride all the way out there to pay and stand in the rain.. maybe next time