• HTML tutorial

Rexplorer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Lake Country, BC, Canada
Member #

Great info. Thanks.
But I wish the tests in canada were more about use and less technical. Most people are running off the shelf stuff and the nuances of building a unit arent important. Maybe even 2 levels of license. Basic and advanced or something. Until then, long live pirate radio i guess.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Great info. Thanks.
But I wish the tests in canada were more about use and less technical. Most people are running off the shelf stuff and the nuances of building a unit arent important. Maybe even 2 levels of license. Basic and advanced or something. Until then, long live pirate radio i guess.
Yep the test is just a memorization exercise all but a few questions are really applicable. But once you get it the opportunities are much broader than off the shelf stuff. I was a pirate for 30+ years but wanted to use the repeaters. (0|||||||0)

jeep670

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Great info. Thanks.
There are three levels:
Basic
Basic with Honours
Advanced

Plasmajab

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Quinte West, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Howard
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA3IRA
Just to throw it out there, I am an accredited examiner. If you happen to be wandering through my area, I can do the examination. No charge of course.

Reactions: Baipin

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Just to throw it out there, I am an accredited examiner. If you happen to be wandering through my area, I can do the examination. No charge of course.
Can I pass on this offer to our ham committee?

Plasmajab

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Quinte West, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Howard
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA3IRA
Reactions: Prerunner1982

Kent R