Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

So I'm looking at getting a portable toilet And a privacy tent to use along with a portable shower.

Obviously space is a premium. Was looking at chemical bags or something to keep the stank down.

So any input on tents and a toilet would be appreciated

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

So I'm looking at getting a portable toilet And a privacy tent to use along with a portable shower.

Obviously space is a premium. Was looking at chemical bags or something to keep the stank down.

So any input on tents and a toilet would be appreciated
http://m.kotulas.com/deals/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10602&storeId=10152&productId=36704&langId=-1&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=39-147574678-2&utm_source=google_pla&utm_medium=Garage-Auto-Travel-Gear&utm_content=17846

Then a 5gallon bucket and glad fabreeze trash bags with draw strings... lol

Commode tents on amazon last i seen not too pricey

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

The tailgate dumper is a no go. The wife ain't diggin it.

Was thinking kitty litter for the funk and clumping .

Will check out amazon.

Reactions: Salvat

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

We go in the woods.

I told her if she brought a potty she had to clean it out lol

Only did it one trip

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Comet also keeps the stank down. When I was a kid we backpacked the Smokies a lot, and every day we drew straws so as to determine who had to carry the ammo can full of turds to the next trail pit.

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

@stringtwelve , so what made you go with this one? It looks larger then some of the 35 dollar ones. Amazon shows em for 112 bucks.

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

@stoney126 Because some friends of ours tried the 35 dollar route and it was a joke. Not tall enough, not wide enough, and if there's a wind... you might find yourself on the ground, or at least in a wrestling match. We almost felt like we needed to tip the husband of the lady who tried it... it was a show.
This one has stood firm in 40-50 mph gusts, is plenty tall for my 6'3" frame and even has enough room to hang a lantern in it without whacking your head on it.
The 5.5' x 5.5' width gives you (and a significant other! ) plenty of room to shower, change clothes, or take care of buisness.
It's a quality piece of gear, and is guaranteed to grant you at least 500 brownie points. ;)

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

The setup my popup buddies dig is the Thetford cassette toilet. I've never used one but they swear by it. Easy cleanup, and with a few chemicals, no stink.

Reactions: Michael

Capercrew02

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Corona, CA
Member #

Not to revive a dead thread.... But for future lurkers, My wife and I use one of these currently in our ground tent. Eventually it'll either be in the annex of a rtt, or an awning with room walls on a off-road teardrop depending on which trailer style we go with. But the toilet...... Best $60 I've ever spent to keep the lady happy(alright, I appreciate it too when going #2).
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004SFKJIQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1472689753&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=portable+toilet

Reactions: stoney126

TXpedition

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

Ooops, I'm reviving this one...
I posted this question on another blog a while back. I received the varied answers that are on this thread.
I went with cheap pop-up shelter (Had decent reviews), a toilet seat for a bucket and some poo powder.
The scented bags were HIGHLY recommended , as were another 2 quart zip lock to double zip the stink, if needed.

My wife doesn't camp or overland with me, so it's mainly so I don't scare the animals and other campers :)