Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
I use an old MSR international multi fuel stove.

Reactions: O.Dfj

RaggedViking

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Readsboro, VT
Member #

Depending on who I'm going out with and where we're going I use:

JetBoil - Solo or Buddy Missions
Coleman Fyrechampion - Family Adventures

I just received my Tembo Tusk Skottle and I think that might replace the Coleman.
I'll know more once I start using it more. I've been using Coleman grills since I was a kid.

E

expeditionnorth

if alone I use either one of my MSR's
whisperlite internationale for non freeze dried goodies, its my only cold weather option I adore

pocket rocket with TI pot for my freeze dried deliciousness or instant food

or if with family or a group the old tried and true coleman dual burner
DSC_1592.JPG DSC_0919.JPGDSC_3206.jpg

Reactions: jkxranger

RaggedViking

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Readsboro, VT
Member #

The only thing I didn't like about the MSR Dragonfly was trying to pump/prime it when it is 10*F outside. I think I have that thing around here somewhere.
That sucked. Hahaha. I was up at Mount Greylock in Massachusetts one winter and I was having a hell of a time getting it pumped and primed... But I had to eat.... So I finally got the SOB to start...
That's why I rely on my Jetboil quite a bit in that weather.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

Jet Boil for fast and easy oatmeal breakfast.

In the Pelican 1650 I used to carry a Primus Atle single burner/large grill setup and it was great. I packed aluminum foil around the burner for wind protection and it's worked great after 7 years. Even the piezo igniter sparks with one or two clicks.

However as of OTG, I'm switching over to an OB edition Skottle from Tembo Tusk. It's been used a few times now and I really like it. All of the parts, including the burner, just fit into the 1650. It's a little heavier than the last setup but is super fun to use. One word of warning about the Skottle though. Take extra food. It always attracts a crowd and you'll win brownie points if they get to eat from it too;)

NetDep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

St. George, UT, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
G
Member #

IMG_7514.jpg

Without question my favorite camp stove is my single burner Camp Chef that uses fuel that looks like a can of hair spray. It is fast., reliable and works for the way I camp. This is a picture from when I had my trailer but I use it tent camping and will use it as I transition to just using the tuck as my exploration platform. For a single user it is great - heats a kettle of water for coffee, oatmeal or Mountain House (mainly what I have when out) in less than five minutes and has never missed a beat. I also have one of those little winged stoves that uses the cans of Isopro and I like those very much. I have several and one is in each bug out bag and in an emergency ration bag in the truck and I have used them when the power goes out for coffee/tea. They are not as stable but do heat very well.

Lassen

Rank V

Member III

I've got two different Coleman stoves. A little two burner that is newer for short 1 or 2 people trips and a Coleman 3-burner my parents bought back in 1956 when cooking for more people or elaborate meals. Both work great. The thing I especially like is they use same fuel as my car so that limits the kinds of fuel I need to carry with me. Another thing I have is a cast iron Dutch oven for putting over/near/in a fire or coals.

Luis Merlo

OB1962

Influencer II

Collingwood Park, Queensland,4301
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Merlo
Member #

I have been using the single cannister butane cookers for a while...they work great and pack away to nothing....looking forward to trying out a 2 burner Coleman cooker I was recently given !...cheers

IMG_1794.JPG

Reactions: O.Dfj

15Canyon

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Edmonton
Member #

Hello! I have several cans of jellied ethanol, and I was wondering where one can get stoves that would fit them?

I have a stove that's currently being used as a fondue heater, however I don't really want to bring it overlanding with me. Does anyone know where you can buy something similar? Cabela's and MEC have proved unfruitful so far.

unnamed.jpg

brianb2

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Charlotte, NC
Member #

For $6 at Walmart you can get a safety side cutting can opener. Another dollar for a can of beans. Open, rinse, maybe a couple of vent homes with your drill. There you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15Canyon

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Edmonton
Member #

For $6 at Walmart you can get a safety side cutting can opener. Another dollar for a can of beans. Open, rinse, maybe a couple of vent homes with your drill. There you go.
That's a great idea! Thank you! I never even considered that.

I'll have to test it out and bring back some photos of how it works.

15Canyon

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Edmonton
Member #

That looks awesome!

I'll definitely try that, that's exactly what I'm looking for! Thank you very much!