Fellow Jeeper

Rank V

Influencer II

Latrobe Pa
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Bobincheck
I have a real quick question. I tried a search so if this was covered I apologize. But what kind of camp stoves is everyone using? I normally use a fire but I want to get a stove. I have bottles so a Coleman probably would be good.

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app

badmnky

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

PNW E. WA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Payne
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I'm new to overland, so I can't suggest a good stove other than what I usually use camping.

I would suggest thinking about when and where you would use it. Propane will not work as well in cold temperatures, I have "white gas" for backpacking and a dual fuel Colman for car camping. I will most likely use both full time in my overland kit, depending on the size of group I'm cooking for.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Dustin S. Godtfring

NoahGenda

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

On the road
Member #

+1 on the Coleman if I'm in or near my truck, had it forever and its never let me down.
If I am backpacking then I use my MSR whisperlite

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
We have two Coleman stoves. One is an older Peak1 I scored for $30 on c-list in almost new condition. The other is a 80's vintage dual burner that I had to do a lot of work to the body of to get useable. I put too much into it and wish I had just bought a new one for the work I have in it, but it does work so there's that. Plus not very likely to get stolen, little too easy to identify. :laughing:

Since we vehicle camp, we decided that these would suit us best. Weight isn't as much of a concern and neither if fuel availability.

Jeepney

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

MN
I've had my Coleman for probably over 15yrs and we've gone thru all sorts of cooking/camping that I am unable to let go of it despite knowing that there's a better stove out there. For sure i will have to had that stove to my kids.

Reactions: TerryD

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

Does anyone have any exprience with the Solo Stove? It's Bio stove and I have been considering one. It is a little expensive, but I like the design and the idea.

Ironhide Fx4

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

VT
Member #

We have a camp chef pro 60. It works great but its very large. Not too bad with the truck but want something smaller. Has anyone used the camp chef ranger 3? I have been reading that the burners are super hot, which can be great but I don't want to burn the pancakes.

Reactions: TerryD