Ivan
Last Name
Fronefield
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKE604
Service Branch
USAF Vet
One last camping trip out to El Malpais Conservation Area in western NM. Got to cook some steak on my firebox so it was worth the brief hail storm. Gotta love New Mexico weather.

Attachments

Joe77

Rank II

Enthusiast I

CA, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Rodriguez
Member #

Finding new friends on the trail.
Finding new friends is great. Did a bit of that my self on my first outing in Arizona last week as a convoy gets set for the trip. Great time at the Bar 10 Ranch with great folks. ( GPS coordinates 36.27451, -113.23317) Super event, adventure and origination with E 3 Overlanding. AZ day one.jpg
Convoy ready
little school house and rigs.jpg
Rigs are next to the Mount Trumbull schoolhouse
Base camp.jpg
Base camp next to Bar 10 Ranch ( GPS coordinates 36.27451, -113.23317 ) not far from the north rim of the Grand Canyon. Outstanding BLM land and camping.

friends at the rim .jpg
New friends at the Rim. You can't see them but all of the rigs are at the edge of the rim!!, what a place!! Just getting started and looking forward for many more.

T-One

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austria
First Name
Anton
Last Name
Hofmann
Member #

Yeah it's a wonderfull spot, we stayed there for 5 nights. Also lake Van is one of the clearest lakes i've ever seen and the people there are soooo unbelievable nice.

Reactions: Shahn and Boucher

SS308

Rank V

Advocate I

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7QFH
Service Branch
USMC
Finding new friends is great. Did a bit of that my self on my first outing in Arizona last week as a convoy gets set for the trip. Great time at the Bar 10 Ranch with great folks. ( GPS coordinates 36.27451, -113.23317) Super event, adventure and origination with E 3 Overlanding. View attachment 215360
Convoy ready
View attachment 215361
Rigs are next to the Mount Trumbull schoolhouse
View attachment 215362
Base camp next to Bar 10 Ranch ( GPS coordinates 36.27451, -113.23317 ) not far from the north rim of the Grand Canyon. Outstanding BLM land and camping.

View attachment 215363
New friends at the Rim. You can't see them but all of the rigs are at the edge of the rim!!, what a place!! Just getting started and looking forward for many more.
Brings a whole new meaning to Beauty and the Beasts...har har har!
Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Shahn

GrundleJuice

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Waterford Township, MI, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Arsenault
Member #

Took some serious trail crawling and acquired some pinstripes to get here, but it sure was nice.
After midnight a whole line a T-Storms came over for hours. Was surreal to watch and be a part of.

Mackinaw Forest East of Good Heart, MI
July 2, 2021

About 90 minutes trail drive West of Lake Shelldrake

Newberry Compartment - Michigan State Forest Land
July 4, 2021

Southwest of Kalkaska, MI along the Boardman River

Traverse City Compartment - Michigan State Forest Land
Nov 6, 2021

Glacial Hills Natural Area (No Camping, just MTB riding)
West of Bellaire, MI
Nov 7, 2021

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Camp tonight. First camp this trip with Cell Service lol.
I always find it funny the random spots my phone will buzz getting email or text...having driven 10 miles on a first road them hiked three miles cross country at 10k feet and all of a sudden I have LTE connection? I only get 2 bars of 3G in my basement.

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
I always find it funny the random spots my phone will buzz getting email or text...having driven 10 miles on a first road them hiked three miles cross country at 10k feet and all of a sudden I have LTE connection? I only get 2 bars of 3G in my basement.
Yeah it is odd isn’t it? The last spot (Smokemont in SMNP) I had no service until I packed up and put my phone on the charger. Then all of the sudden the flood gates opened.