Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

One of my favorite camp layouts, whether for just a night or two or extended base camping. This was solo-camping late October.

This side of the awning has triangle extensions added at each end that square off the corners, making almost 24' of space under cover for working on gear, eating meals if raining, etc. I have more side walls to add around the sides for cooler nights. They go up quick with wide HD hook & loop along the awning's inner edge. Flared out as shown, they add even more square footage under cover.

The firewood is on a plastic tarp sled I contrived to drag it all in one load from trailer tailgate to where it is, and still be able to use the rest of the tarp to cover for rain.

Lake is just off to the right; canoe right behind the sidewall waiting patiently.

phi_7632-900n.jpeg

Last edited:

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

We were in Algonquin Park, Ontario for 5 days last week. It rained for all but about a half of a day and a few hours one evening. The only pics I took were of where we stopped for lunch at a road side picnic area in Dorset on the way there. Little did I know it would be the only good weather we'd get. Man I hate packing up in the rain and cleaning everything when I get home. :frowning:

21-07-05 2.JPG