Camp Photos!

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

JeepingMike

Rank III

Member III

Greencastle, PA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stern
Member #

Ham Callsign
KB7THL
Not exactly overlanding but sitting in a campground (she’s not a fan of not having a restroom ) with my daughter by the campfire enjoying a beverage and just talking about life and everything that’s changing for her going to high school next year is better than any exploring/camping trip in the middle of nowhere I’ve ever been on .
So true! One of the big things I miss (she's grown up now) .

yj4roks

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Fallbrook, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Chase
Member #

Ham Callsign
K6FWD
Last trip of the desert season for us! The weather was awesome! Even though it was cloudy, temps were in the high 70's. Best part is...we saw no one for 17 hours and only then it was when we where wheeling in and out on the main trail. Location: Anza Borrego desert State Park.

20210417_185206.jpg

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

One of my favorite camp layouts, whether for just a night or two or extended base camping. This was solo-camping late October.

This side of the awning has triangle extensions added at each end that square off the corners, making almost 24' of space under cover for working on gear, eating meals if raining, etc. I have more side walls to add around the sides for cooler nights. They go up quick with wide HD hook & loop along the awning's inner edge. Flared out as shown, they add even more square footage under cover.

The firewood is on a plastic tarp sled I contrived to drag it all in one load from trailer tailgate to where it is, and still be able to use the rest of the tarp to cover for rain.

Lake is just off to the right; canoe right behind the sidewall waiting patiently.

phi_7632-900n.jpeg

Last edited:

PCO6

Rank V

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
Member #

We were in Algonquin Park, Ontario for 5 days last week. It rained for all but about a half of a day and a few hours one evening. The only pics I took were of where we stopped for lunch at a road side picnic area in Dorset on the way there. Little did I know it would be the only good weather we'd get. Man I hate packing up in the rain and cleaning everything when I get home. :frowning:

21-07-05 2.JPG