Camp Photos!

• HTML tutorial

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

Yes it was. This was my first time using camping hammocks and I enjoyed them much more than I anticipated. And my son was in heaven. I only wish I either had a canopy or some other way to protect against bugs. I would have loved to sleep in them.

View attachment 199781
There are several mosquito nets that are sold separately. That and a tarp and you are all set. Practice with the setup and the lay if you are going to be in them for a night. Get on a good diagonal lay in the hammock so you lay flat to avoid a sore back.

Anything you want to know about hammocking can be found on Shug's YouTube page. https://www.youtube.com/user/shugemery

Reactions: 2dub and Road

rgallant

Rank III

Advocate I

British Columbia
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gallant
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE7REJ
Service Branch
RCAC (Reserve) 75-00
Out for a shakedown run this weekend up the East side of Harrison lake. A little 1 truck spot just at the edge of bridge over the "creek"

All you could hear was the roar of Shovel Creek, I had water on 2 sides, although the other side was literally just a little forest stream

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Not exactly overlanding but sitting in a campground (she’s not a fan of not having a restroom ) with my daughter by the campfire enjoying a beverage and just talking about life and everything that’s changing for her going to high school next year is better than any exploring/camping trip in the middle of nowhere I’ve ever been on . 28D4372E-74B3-40E9-B262-C23345B76FA4.jpeg

JeepingMike

Rank V

Advocate II

Greencastle, PA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stern
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB7THL
Service Branch
USN Corpsman Veteran
Not exactly overlanding but sitting in a campground (she’s not a fan of not having a restroom ) with my daughter by the campfire enjoying a beverage and just talking about life and everything that’s changing for her going to high school next year is better than any exploring/camping trip in the middle of nowhere I’ve ever been on .
So true! One of the big things I miss (she's grown up now) .

yj4roks

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fallbrook, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Chase
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6FWD
Last trip of the desert season for us! The weather was awesome! Even though it was cloudy, temps were in the high 70's. Best part is...we saw no one for 17 hours and only then it was when we where wheeling in and out on the main trail. Location: Anza Borrego desert State Park.

20210417_185206.jpg