Camp Photos!

• HTML tutorial

gcg

Rank 0

Contributor I

Here are a couple of pictures from some past trips.

The first few are from a week long trip spent mostly above 10,000 feet in the Rockies on a Bill Burke trip.
IMG_1671.jpg

Nearby scenery in the morning:
IMG_1677.jpg

Another site:
IMG_1640.jpg

Camping along the Swamp OHV trail near Fresno, CA:
Picture-054.jpg

Camping at Courtright Reservoir while doing the Dusy Ershim trail in CA:
Picture-025.jpg

View from the tent:
Picture-027.jpg

gcg

Rank 0

Contributor I

@gcg You might need to share the GPS coordinates for this spot... just sayin'.
Which spot? On those trips I was part of a group and didn't do the route planning - so I'm not sure I kept the gps tracks - I'd have to look and see. But I could give a rough idea of where it is if I don't have the tracks.

Reactions: murps

gcg

Rank 0

Contributor I

@gcg The last two shots are the one's I was referring to. It looks like a camping spot in a magazine ad.
Those were at Courtright Reservoir very near the start of the Dusy Ershim trail (or the end, depending on which way you run it). I looked to see if I still had the gps track for the trip, but I don't so unfortunately I don't have the exact gps coordinates - I'd love to share them if I still had them. The site was at the very north end of the reservoir and to the best of my recollection we turned west off of the main trail just as we were approaching the reservoir from the north end and found sites right down along the water. It was definitely one of the prettiest spots I've camped in. I wish I had the exact coordinates to share.

gcg

Rank 0

Contributor I

@gcg You might need to share the GPS coordinates for this spot... just sayin'.
OK, after snooping around on google earth for a bit and trying to recall a bit more clearly where we camped (always a risky thing, relying on recall at my age!) I think that the coordinates for that camp site are:

N 37 degrees 7.7', W 118 degrees 58.001'

I'm not completely certain of this but I believe it's correct. I also think that the water level in the reservoir was quite a bit higher than it is now.

Reactions: Lifestyle Overland

gcg

Rank 0

Contributor I

oh nice, very nice spots. Are bears an issue to contend with there? That looks like good bear country.
There are bears in the area - it's basically in the Sierras. We were in the general area for 5 days, camping at four different sites, but didn't see any during that time.

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Wow! I haven't seen a sign like that before! I hope your bulldog stayed on the trails!:fearscream:

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

Wow! I haven't seen a sign like that before! I hope your bulldog stayed on the trails!:fearscream:
Really crazy thing to see by the campsite. the PCT runs right through it too. Gonna see what the back story of the sign is all about.