Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

HAHA, Need to make " I survived flagstaff 2015" shirts. The mud sweet mercy the mud .
@stoney126 I'm still finding clumps of mud from that trip! ;) Excited to return next year though!

@administrator @CorrieOB I'll be sure and bring that nifty propane campfire next year in case it snows again. Since you'll be right next door... knee deep in mud with the rest of us that is... ;)

Reactions: Kelly

irisphnx

Rank IV
Founder 500

Enthusiast II

Kenmore, Washington, United States
First Name
Christina
Last Name
DeCarufel
Member #

central-oregon-road-trip_20490091736_o_kindlephoto-13689822.jpg

So far my favorite camp site has been Priest Hole, a BLM campground on the John Day River in Central Oregon. The one and only feature of this campground? A vault toilet at the entrance to the half mile long stretch of river front. The first night we were within easy walking distance, the second night (3 days later) we were far enough out that we drove. Gorgeous place.

irvinemike

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Member #

Ok I guess I'll kick this off.

This is August 28th just last Friday up at Lake Alpine!

View attachment 7
@administrator This Lake Alpine trip looks so awesome. Every time I see a picture posted here it makes me want to go now. The camp right next to the water and on that rock is awesome, I need to take the wife and kids, where is that? Assuming I am the worse person with directions, can you give me dummy proof directions to this spot? I believe its probably an 8 hour drive from Orange County CA.

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Reactions: #4692

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Well said, we deal with crap that like all the time in New Mexico. One camp site had a dead horse and a dead dog dumped in it. (Forever known as Dead Horse Camp to the club now)

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

@SLO Robert Here it is:

This thing has been awesome. We frequently have to deal with burn bans in NM but this is perfectly legal. Here it is on Amazon:

Perfect timing, I was going to come in here for suggestions. After seeing how awesome these were in flagstaff and being able to use when it's not ok for wood fires seemed like a good idea to pick up. Wonder if my bbq propane tank is to big?

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

@stoney126 Any standard propane tank should work. I typically use mine from my grill. I think an adapter would be required for the smaller coleman style canisters... though they wouldn't last very long.