KI7RAM
Reactions: Aussie571

kappels

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Chattanooga, TN
Member #

Winter expedition this past January in our 2009 Jeep Commander in the Cherokee National Forest. This was one of the longest camp trips we have taken.

This was also the first time we have truly car camped and definitely the first time in cold weather (10° at nighttime). The XK held up really well. It’s a great full-size SUV in stock form, capable of going a lot of places and certainly a lot of cargo space as we had two dogs and an assortment of base camp supplies.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Ashton

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Near the Rubicon
First Name
Hari
Last Name
See Above

Bowman lake with NorCal Land Rover Club, awesome!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We LOVE bowman!!! Looks like you are on the North/East side of the lake there, having traversed around the lake there. We usually camp in the large pullout just after the road up to McMillen lake. A little farther up, we like to camp out at Faucherie lake when it isn't crowded.

Ashton

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Near the Rubicon
First Name
Hari
Last Name
See Above
Hell Hole Reservoir camp. Also threw in a shot of the Tembo Tusk skottle. Been an incredibly useful kitchen tool
Been meaning to get over to hell hole for a while now... ever since I was turned back by all the closed roads after the winter before this last one.

Gonna have to make that trip soon.