Rank V

Enthusiast III

Purdy, MO
First Name
jeff
Last Name
sullivan
Member #

IMG_5776.JPG IMG_5785.JPG IMG_5788.JPG IMG_5803.JPG IMG_5813.JPG IMG_5814.JPG took a short weekend camp trip with kids and granddaughter this past weekend nothing to big did a camp ground weekend (last min notice) swim, fishing, hiking and best of all family time around camp, glad to have them moved back home!!

Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

Wow some fantastic setups with gorgeous scenery to match in this thread!... Here are a couple options of how I (we) do it depending on the weather / circumstances / or just how we want to roll. I've also posted some photos of my deployment to Canada where we built a lean to for shelter in sub zero temps. Hope you like the photos :)
That kind of lean-to looks familiar, lol. Good call on the reflector log wall on the opposite side of the fire. Brings back some memories :sunglasses:

Great pictures!

Reactions: Franck Alcidi

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Reactions: Cymon

dziner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I picked up yet another tent Friday after work. I decided to buy a North Face Stormbreak 2 which is a 2-person, 3-season tent. Most of my camping is simply a Saturday night with me an the pup. I'll use my Kodiak Flex-Bow canvas tent for long events and cold weather. I also received the Klymit Static V Luxe and wanted to put these to the test.

I had the tent up within 5 minutes without even reading the directions. That was good because it was getting dark when I got to my camping area and I still needed to build a fire. I really like the dual vestibules and doors on this tent. Though it could use more than one pocket on the inside.

The Klymit Static V Luxe is really comfortable! I wish it had self-inflating properties like my Thermarest. But I guess that would increase the overall pack size. The Klymit packs down very small, about the size of my hammock. I also wish it was less smooth as my sleeping bag wanted to slide around quite a bit on it. But it is still much more comfortable than the 1" Thermarest I have.

Some examples of some long exposures from Saturday night.

Terry the Adventure Pup LOVES chasing chipmunks. He's a cockapoo and will spend hours sniffing and digging around wood piles. Here he finally found and cornered a chipmunk.

While I was making coffee and breakfast, I heard what sounded like a calf and noticed movement out of the corner of my eye. These three fawns were trying to walk through camp. They saw me and turned around and walked around camp. They circles around about three times just doing their thing. Cute little buggers.