Camp Photos!

• HTML tutorial

druse76

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Gilbert, AZ
Member #

Last weekend in Twin Lakes, CO. We setup camp around midnight. Nice to have a RTT so it only took 5 minutes. These were taken the next morning while making breakfast.
Snapseed.jpg
IMG_2035.JPG

Reactions: ASNOBODY

Billy "Poserlander" Badly

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

PDX, OR, USA
Member #

From this past weekend. (8/5/17) I know, I know, it's no epic back country spot. But this is our first summer camping with our new baby girl. She's 9 months now and we've had her out 1/2 a dozen times since May!

View attachment 31525
Dammit, you're beating me! I've only had my 11 month old out twice so far! This was a couple weeks ago off Lolo Pass in the Mt. Hood National Forest:
20170715_131145.jpg

Billy "Poserlander" Badly

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

PDX, OR, USA
Member #

Nice. We just got back from a 9 day trip with a 3 month-old. Not mine - my buddy's. Takes some extra figuring but it was great.
Woof, 9 days? We've stuck with single night outings. Our girl is super agreeable and easy, but 9 days would be tough...

Here's a shot of the hammock spot, right next to our camp, cuz adults need naps too:

20170715_131823.jpg

Ruadytrout

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Bend, Oregon
Member #

That looks like a sweet spot. We always take the hammocks for lounging in. I used to have to sleep in one (not a bad thing) since our old RRT was too small. Love them. My buddy's 3-month old was a rock star. We had to make more frequent and extended stops for feeding and changing, but other than that, she was awesome. Nine days was the longest we have done and was a blast. Just took very deliberate planning/prep with he baby. We are looking at and beginning the planning phase for a 12-day overland trek for October 2018. :)

Attachments

druse76

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Gilbert, AZ
Member #

View attachment 31018 Overland bound member 3606 here , Base camp at the Saco river New Hampshire . New Yakima roof top tent size 3 and home made awning . Time to relax and pop a top . This hummer h3 is a beast!
I'm curious how you like the Yakima RTT. I've read many reviews that say that it builds up condensation on the inside of the tent in almost all weather. Do you find that to be the case? My wife and I were looking in to them but decided to spend a little extra on a traditional style and got an ARB instead. I'm just curious how the Yakima holds up and if you can compare it to any others.