Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington, USA
First Name
Harley
Last Name
W
Member #

love the set up. How did it hold up to the winds?
It held up well in 40-50 mph winds..the only design flaw i saw in the Oztent was their awning. Luckily i had an extra pair of aluminum poles that came with my Rhino Rack Sunseeker side awning that i normally don't use. i was able to use those with the Oztent awning. The Oztent awning only comes with two poles but in reality you need four. For the price they charge for the RV-5 they need to include these additional poles instead of making you purchase them separately. The tent itself was solid as a rock I was very impressed by how well it held up to those strong winds.

Reactions: murps

TreXTerra

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Salt Lake City, Utah
Member #

It was raining. I cheated.

The view from my kitchen

This was the generator shack for the mine and the roof was still in pretty good shape. Part was peeled away on the side with my chair in the first photo and there were a few leaks, but it made a fine shelter to cook and eat out of the wind and rain. It was nice to not have to dry off the boxes and cooler to put back in the car the next morning (I was sleeping in the back of the rig this trip).

Still, it's good to be home and back in my own bed with my wife and dogs.

Last edited:

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

It was raining. I cheated.

The view from my kitchen

This was the generator shack for the mine and the roof was still in pretty good shape. Part was peeled away on the side with my chair in the first photo and there were a few leaks, but it made a fine shelter to cook and eat out of the wind and rain. It was nice to not have to dry off the boxes and cooler to put back in the car the next morning (I was sleeping in the back of the rig this trip).

Still, it's good to be home and back in my own bed with my wife and dogs.
This is an epic getaway, even if all you did was read a book.