Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

So everyones gotta jam...what is it? I cant really go anywhere with out something playing. My all time favorite is Bluegrass music and folk music. But I grew up with a Dad that was big into 70s rock and alot of blues a Mother that was a 60s hippie so I listen to everything but the folksy bluegrass goes along ways.

Lets hear it

Last edited:

Billy "Poserlander" Badly

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

PDX, OR, USA
Member #

We leave the rat race of people & the drama they cause to travel deep in the back country to disperse camp so we can have peace & enjoy mother nature & GODs creation.
I've gotta agree. I may listen to some tunes on the highway, but when I get onto gravel/dirt, I usually prefer the sound of the wind. And, when I'm actually in camp, I never listen to music.

I love music, I book concerts for a living, but it's not really part of my outdoor experience.

...but speaking of bluegrass, check out Billy Strings:

Reactions: RickLB

darjo242

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Show Low, AZ
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HLL
I'll listen to music on the drive, but usually when I stop for camp and set up, I enjoy the quiet and the sounds of nature. Was raise with the mentality that, the quiet refreshes and rejuvenates the mind, as my dad like to put it. I tend to like to sit in camp and read or shit the shit around the campfire. I always get irritated when I am out camping and there's people in camp , if I am in the camp ground, blaring music. In my opinion, defeats the purpose of being outdoors.

Kevin108

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Virginia Beach, VA
Member #

I usually only play music while setting up camp or cooking - just something to keep me moving. I don't go to the woods to completely override nature's soundtrack or force my odd tunes on my friends. I have a Spotify playlist of almost 700 songs I just keep dumping tracks into. It has some of everything in it - swing, punk, rap, country, EDM, bluegrass, instrumentals, reggae, rock from the 50s to today, etc. If you have an unhealthy curiosity regarding my musical taste (or lack thereof):

If you do look through it, let me know what you think. :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Roam_CO85

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
As others have posted, when driving , its music time. I listen to a variety of types,....no rap, limited country. But when i reach camp, i usually shut it off for the duration. I think it depends on the group you are with, which determines if music is played.

Rexplorer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Lake Country, BC, Canada
Member #

My friends all bring speakers. They know i dont dig the musuc in the bush. Once its all dark and dinner is done, the music gets turned off. Everyone gets thier time as dj. Then i get to turn it off.