Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Don't forget the social aspect of camp ground entertainment including beer and Toffee Vodka.
All joking aside here in the UK not everyone drinks but pretty much everyone enjoys the aspects of a social gathering chatting and talking about past and future trips, vehicle upgrades etc.
Made all the better by a roaring fire to sit around.

69274939_2693611760663292_8195071473652596736_n.jpg

socal geek guy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Walker
Member #

in the winter when it gets dark around 5pm, i bust out my light up frisbee. i still need to make my own cornhole setup, but i did see that you can get led light rings that go around the hole so you can play cornhole at night easier. i like having at least a couple things to do when the nights are long.

Ursa Major

Rank VI

Influencer I

Woodstock, Vermont, United States
First Name
Gunnar
Last Name
Nourse
Member #

in the winter when it gets dark around 5pm, i bust out my light up frisbee. i still need to make my own cornhole setup, but i did see that you can get led light rings that go around the hole so you can play cornhole at night easier. i like having at least a couple things to do when the nights are long.
I didn't even think of a frisbee! And a light one to boot, that's fancy

9Mike2

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Garden Grove, California
Member #

My son had a light-up football that we played with all the time. We went to a SD Chargers game and had a couple of the players come over and asked were we got it, they wanted one for their kids... Funny, he just called Mom and I from Germany, and he has it over there, but he said it got too cold to play outside right now...

• Love
Reactions: Sparksalot

GBGCR4x4

Rank III

Advocate I

Florida, USA
First Name
Gianluca
Last Name
Boncompagni
Books and cards or even board games. You ever played CATAN? Great board game. I know many might not want to carry a full board game as pieces can get lost, the box can get ruined, etc. But of stored in a safe and dry place in your rig, and you have a camping table or somewhere else to put the game, you'll have a lot of fun.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
I keep old broken winch controllers.

Form them in Jello the day before a trip, and toss them in a cooler. Then steal someone's controller and leave the Jello one on their hood.

• Haha
Reactions: grubworm and 9Mike2

9Mike2

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Garden Grove, California
Member #

To get some people, we used to tie rope around their driveline with knots , they go fast enought they hit, slow down they don't. The other was to jack up their vehicle and put it on blocks just off the ground and watch the fun

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

This game has many different names and methods to play but it’s my favorite when the weather is crummy and there’s no Internet. Board with little wells, copper coated bbs, magnetic grabbers, vacuum sealed rule page that can be ignored is we feel like changing things up. I tried beads but they got lost when one of the puppies bounced across. The steel bbs tend to stay in place and are more compact.

Attachments

Reactions: 9Mike2

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

Last holiday I had a bottle of moonshine made by my father in law in his back yard. Was a very good icebreaker when I was camping in popular over landers spots :). The wives though not so happy :)

• Haha
Reactions: 9Mike2

RatAssassin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Rat
Last Name
Assassin
Member #

We like our cards and games like Yahtzee. Of course hiking and mountain biking is fun as well.
We also like to sit around camp sometimes and shoot blowguns at cans or cardboard targets. The 50 cal guns also shoot the little Nerf darts too.
Cheap easy skill and fun, don't need a whole lot and clean up is super easy. :grinning:

Ursa Major

Rank VI

Influencer I

Woodstock, Vermont, United States
First Name
Gunnar
Last Name
Nourse
Member #

We like our cards and games like Yahtzee. Of course hiking and mountain biking is fun as well.
We also like to sit around camp sometimes and shoot blowguns at cans or cardboard targets. The 50 cal guns also shoot the little Nerf darts too.
Cheap easy skill and fun, don't need a whole lot and clean up is super easy. :grinning:
As long as you can find the darts again! Lol the boys are notorious for losing a few of those

• Haha
Reactions: Tommys and 9Mike2

Advocate I

Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Member #

When I'm solo I tend to camp right on the waters edge and I always have a fishing rod handy. Which is also basically the same if it's just my wife with me.
If I have my son he keeps us busy lol. He likes pushing his toys in the dirt and collecting rock, sticks, bugs...
A good book and a campfire in the evening us always a go to as well.

MadMedic

Rank V

Trail Mechanic II

Fredericksburg, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
McCamley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRPG822
Service Branch
Fredericksburg FD
Practice some bush craft skills or survival skills.
Test out a new piece of gear and make a gear review video.
Knife Throwing.
Wood carving.
Fishing.
Star gazing / mapping. Pick out the constellations and wait for the shooting stars.
Most the time we are pretty tired by the end of the day so we usually in bed shortly after dark so we can get an early start on the next days adventures.

Contributor III

La Habra, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Duker
Books and cards or even board games. You ever played CATAN? Great board game. I know many might not want to carry a full board game as pieces can get lost, the box can get ruined, etc. But of stored in a safe and dry place in your rig, and you have a camping table or somewhere else to put the game, you'll have a lot of fun.
I am a boardgame geek and we like to take games with us whenever we can. Terraforming Mars Area Expedition is a great game that doesnt take up a lot of table space.