San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

Hello everyone,

Consider this the Save The Date post.

I wanted to let you know about a Camel Trophy presentation I've been working on. On Friday, January 29, 2016 there will be a night of all things CT at Triple Aught Design's Dogpatch SF location. Time will be 6pm-9pm. This event is open to the public, so let your friends know about it! Look for an announcement from TAD after the New Year's celebrations. I'll be updating this thread as well and answering any questions that I can.

Here's what is planned for Friday night and the weekend.

I have arranged a Special Guest; Duncan Lee (Event Manager, 1982-1993) will talk about his time in the jungle and behind the desk while at RJR. I'll be showing a CT Retrospective slideshow with an overview of the event and what it took to become a Team USA member. These will be Friday night only.

The rest of Friday evening and weekend, TAD has offered their space to setup a CT Museum to showcase clothes and other items used on actual events. Many other types of memorabilia will be there as well. In addition to the museum, there is enough space to display up to 3 CT vehicles from fellow NCLR Club members, one of which will remain for the weekend (1990 Pre-Scout). It's been many years since all three of these trucks have been together and this would be the perfect time for a reunion. There will also be videos shown of various CT events. If you can't make it Friday night you have Saturday and Sunday to look at the CT truck, museum, and videos.

I hope you can make it!

-Brenton
NCLR Club President

Last edited:

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

Updated the first post with the FB invite. This is going to be a great event! Michael (Mr. OverlandBound) is already marked as attending:)

Reactions: Michael

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

An added bonus, I have arranged Dave Simpson (Team USA 1994) to be a special guest! He and his wife are flying up here just to attend this special event.

He will be there Friday night, and on Saturday, at 3pm, he will be giving a presentation on his time during the 1994 event in Argentina-Paraguay-Chile. Duncan Lee is doing his presentation about the 1985 Borneo and 1990 Siberia events Friday night. Come check out this first time meeting of CT guys. You won't want to miss it!

-Brenton

Reactions: Michael

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Man I wish I was closer sounds like a good night,

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

Did you know this Friday, January 29, 2016 will be the Defender's last day of production???!!! Come celebrate this truck in the best way possible, surrounded by the ultimate legacy event tied to this workhorse of a vehicle, the Camel Trophy.

There are last minute surprises happening for Friday night, some of which I'm not being told! Chris Collard & Christian Pelletier from Overland Journal will be there with their D110. Here's a FB post from them earlier today. Jim Slade was the Trail Director for '88 & '89. He just so happens to be in the Bay Area this weekend (which is very rare for him) and is hoping to attend. Adam Bettcher was the lead photographer on some of the last events and has sent some fantastic prints to display.

If you're not able to attend but want to see what's happening, check out the NCLR Club's Facebook page and my camel_trophy Instagram feed for updates during the evening.

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

Here are some pics from Friday night. It turned out to be way bigger than I ever thought when this idea first started. Tom Collins sent a video message thanking everyone, and Chris Collard with Christian Pelletier were there to photograph the evening as well. So many things timed out perfectly well to make this a night for the memory books.

https://www.facebook.com/brenton.corns

NCLR Facebook

My Instagram

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Here are some pics from Friday night. It turned out to be way bigger than I ever thought when this idea first started. Tom Collins sent a video message thanking everyone, and Chris Collard with Christian Pelletier were there to photograph the evening as well. So many things timed out perfectly well to make this a night for the memory books.

NCLR Facebook

My Instagram
It looks like a fantastic event! Thank you for putting this together, and for sharing. Maybe it should be annual and travel around the country! :)

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL

NCLR Facebook

My Instagram
Brent, I'm going to do a shoutout to your Instagram page through the socials. Thanks again!