Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
FYI - for anyone that is up in the area early, the ranger has graciously advised us that we can pick up the key a bit early and open the gates by 1:00 instead of 2:00. Looking forward to seeing everyone what ever time you get there.. lol Hoping the rain will blow through tonight as some of the weather prognosticators are promising. Either way we will have an extra 10x10 canopy to help keep off any weather (hate to get a sunburn ya know lol)

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Thanks to everyone who attended our campout this weekend! The weather gods were pleased with us and delivered a great background of dry weather even if it was a touch on the cool side. We had a great turnout with 8 rigs and 15 people, some great folks both regulars and some that we just met, along with some kids and dogs that seemed to be having a good time. Michelle Ballard cooked up some great burgers and beans, and had some hot dogs available for roasting. The rest of the group came with side dishes and goodies to share and pretty sure we all had our fill while sitting around an awesome campfire. I enjoyed seeing some of the new gear and additions to peoples rigs, I think most people had made some upgrades of one sort or the other since we had last seen them. One thing for sure, everyone is ready for the snow to melt away from our favorite trails so we can get out and explore. #overlandbound #adventureisnecessary

20230311_140943.jpg

IMGP3084.JPG

IMGP3090.JPG

IMGP3091.JPG

IMGP3092.JPG

IMGP3095.JPG

IMGP3087.JPG

Attachments

Reactions: B Wild and Ubiety

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Thanks to everyone who attended our campout this weekend!
Glad to hear that the WX was agreeable and that you all had a great time! Doing taxes all weekend was was no fun but we did get to spend Sat evening with our daughter and her roommate so that was good. I worked a bit on the canopy's electrical system in solidarity with you all ;)

Reactions: OTH Overland

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Glad to hear that the WX was agreeable and that you all had a great time! Doing taxes all weekend was was no fun but we did get to spend Sat evening with our daughter and her roommate so that was good. I worked a bit on the canopy's electrical system in solidarity with you all ;)
I managed to get my three tax packages to the accountant an hour ahead of closing on Friday, glad that's over, nothing left but the check writing to Uncle Sam, glad you got to spend some time with your Daughter!

Reactions: Ubiety