University Place, Washington, United States
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Padgett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7EEP

Spring is on its way, great time to get your gear out and dust off the cobwebs and be ready for the snow to melt off your favorite trail

Would love to join for this but my gear is buried in the back of the storage room and it’s still a bit too early to mount it all up for the summer

Thanks for organizing! I will keep an eye out for the next one.

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Would love to join for this but my gear is buried in the back of the storage room and it’s still a bit too early to mount it all up for the summer

Thanks for organizing! I will keep an eye out for the next one.
No worries, We will be posting events on a regular schedule, with more of them being actual trips (day and multi-day) as soon as you can get more than a few miles up any road due to snow, which it is currently doing right now where we are.. lol Look forward to meeting you at one.

Reactions: A.Desert.Creature

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Considering joining you for this. Spoke with Brad (WABDR) and he is interested but likely has a conflict.

Thank you for setting this up!
It would be great seeing you again!

Hogman

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Everett, WA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Balsley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRHS363
Ok, sounds like a good time. No trailer for this trip. Is there a wood firepit in the kitchen shelter?

Reactions: OTH Overland

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Signed up but am still tentative; let me know if spots run short and I can back out for someone more committed if needed. May arrive at camp spots an hour or two early and will likely depart after breakfast on Sunday. Thanks @OTH Overland for setting this up!

Hogman

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Everett, WA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Balsley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRHS363
You could find and sell seashells by the seashore

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Ok, sounds like a good time. No trailer for this trip. Is there a wood firepit in the kitchen shelter?
Hi Scott, The kitchen shelter is in the picnic area and not part of the group camp, there are several of the regular state park camp type fire pits however. Glad to see you are coming, will be good to see you again. people can bring their own fire wood, or it should also be available to purchase from the camp host.

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
@OTH Overland - what time will you and Michelle arrive at camp? What spots do you have reserved?
Just wondering where to go if I show up early...
We have reserved the group camping area, there are several sites with space for one or more rigs each, and access to the shared restroom / shower building that is used by the cabins. It will be on the right side near the cabins right before you get to the main campground. Should be right close to where I placed the marker on the map. There is a official two pm check in time, but we will be checking with the ranger a day or so earlier to see if we can get in early and will send a message out if we can prior to Sat. There is a gate that we have to get a key for to get in. The picnic area down by the water is always open to hang out in for early arrivers. This is our first time using the group camp there, but have stayed in the regular CG many times.

Reactions: Ubiety

CafeRoaster

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Clark
We've stayed at this park before, I think. It's pretty great, but it does get rather muddy during the rainy season. We'll try to stay the night - we don't have a canopy yet, though, so we might dip out early or just hunker under one of y'all's. This will be my first season with my new rig, so I'm excited to meet some locals to glean wisdom from and maybe plan some trips.

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
March 12th is the deadline for earlybird pricing for the NWOR June 15-18.
Thanks Scott, I posted it over in the comments for the NWOR rally point also, We have our tickets in our hot little inbox already lol