Ashton

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Near the Rubicon
First Name
Hari
Last Name
See Above
So, that Jeep KJ I put in a picture at the start of the thread is now mine. I haven't done anything cool to it yet, but we did take it out for explorations recently. A pic or two so I can officially join the Jeep Club of 'Murica. We have dubbed this one Firefly, and she's a stock KJ with a 3.7. Clearly, new shoes are in order. Shoring up the front end with bushings and stuff. Servicing the transfer cases. Transmission and oil flush/change. I have some lights to put on, and a cb and hand held ham to install. I also want to set up the cockpit a bit, get a roof rack and a deep cycle battery for additional electronic usage and lighting support. I may look at a small lift and winch.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
So, that Jeep KJ I put in a picture at the start of the thread is now mine. I haven't done anything cool to it yet, but we did take it out for explorations recently. A pic or two so I can officially join the Jeep Club of 'Murica. We have dubbed this one Firefly, and she's a stock KJ with a 3.7. Clearly, new shoes are in order. Shoring up the front end with bushings and stuff. Servicing the transfer cases. Transmission and oil flush/change. I have some lights to put on, and a cb and hand held ham to install. I also want to set up the cockpit a bit, get a roof rack and a deep cycle battery for additional electronic usage and lighting support. I may look at a small lift and winch.

Set her up right and you will love it! Mine crawls like a mtn goat.......
Congrats,
Jim

Daniel Diaz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Harlingen, Texas
Member #

I thought those Ruby's come equipped w 33s..?
I just bought a set for my Commander.
The stock BFG KM's it comes with are 32" tires and are 10" in width. I know I'm not adding much height, but I would really like more width. I'll be adding 2" of width with the DuraTrac's. I love Jeeps, especially Wranglers, but damn I hate how unstable they are on the road!! Haha!! Hopefully I'll get the stability I seek.

Reactions: REWDBOY

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

The stock BFG KM's it comes with are 32" tires and are 10" in width. I know I'm not adding much height, but I would really like more width. I'll be adding 2" of width with the DuraTrac's. I love Jeeps, especially Wranglers, but damn I hate how unstable they are on the road!! Haha!! Hopefully I'll get the stability I seek.
It's a bit of topic but I'm running 285/70r17 on mine, general grabber X3 and it changed the jeep from "well ok..." to awesome

Daniel Diaz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Harlingen, Texas
Member #

It's a bit of topic but I'm running 285/70r17 on mine, general grabber X3 and it changed the jeep from "well ok..." to awesome
That's actually the same size of the DuraTrac's I'm putting on, 285/70/17 (33"). The extra width is priceless!! I have many Jeep friends and it's such a noticeable handling difference when I'm in their Jeeps, especially on the road. Can't wait for this upgrade!!

Reactions: MazeVX

ovrlndr

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Broom
Member #

2015 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock.
3.5" MetalCloak Game-Changer RockSport Edition suspension lift
17" AEV Pintlers & 35" BFG KO2s
MetalCloak UnderCloak full boat-sided skid plate system
Vector Off-Road JKE-Dock with RAM mounts for iPhone, iPad, mobile comms
GraBars front & rear
ARB Twin compressor with MetalCloak underhood mount
8-switch SE 4x4 sPOD
Warn 9.5CTI-S
Factor55 FlatLink, HitchLink, and fairlead
AEV spare tire carrier and fuel caddy
RhinoRack Back-Bone system and Pioneer Platform
Tepui Ruggedized Autana 3
ARB 50QT Fridge/Freezer
Rigid Industries SR-20 Pro Series LED light bar and diffused backup lights
Baja Designs Squadron Pro pod lights on Poison Spyder A-pillar mounts
Synergy C-gussets and LCA skids
Magnaflow Y-Pipe exhaust reroute (no driveshaft interference)
Adams extreme duty 1310 front driveshaft
Outback Adventure Products JK Trailgater
JW Speaker 8700 Evo J LED headlamps
JWM4x4 Grille Insert
Mopar bumper hoop