Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
What other military vehicles would you suggest?
One way to locate military vehicles is to go online to Government liquidation.com. You can buy some nice trucks there with very low mileage on them. They sell them according to their age not the mileage. You can buy from the military base closest to where you live because they list them by states. Usually for less than $5000 you can find what you want. Unfortunately humvees are not sold to civilians for some reason.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
What other military vehicles would you suggest?
A 5 ton, Duce and a Half, Hummv ambulance ... personally I would go with the HMMWV with the Ambulance package... it already has heat, 110v power; and A/C ported j to the back. If you can find a communications shelter HMMWV, they also incorporate a generator into the shelter.

We used to live in these rigs for months at a time... I hated living in the back of my 5 Ton with shelter... that’s a huge hike to get up into the back. My favorite was the Stripped down Commo HMMWV

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
I think you only need a cdl if you tow a trailer, and have air brakes. Straight trucks are ok. Because I.........uh........nevermind.