Burns Canyon, Big Bear, CA - 06/23/2018

• HTML tutorial

SoCal-JKU14

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Corona, CA
Member #

I'll be around even after the move, still have family down here so "I'll be back" visiting all the family and friends.
I want to get back out to the Ord Mountains to get into some of the mines out there but need to get some other people to be with. Last time I was there by myself I did not feel comfortable going into them alone.
@FrankRoams we should plan on a overnight trip out Old Dale Road in Joshua Tree when I get back and the weather cools down.
Terry lets make this a plan to do this when you head back down here after in the fall. Would love to explore the mines in the Ord Mountains and hit Old Dale Road in Joshua Tree. Have a great, safe and fun trip heading up North! Mike

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Terry lets make this a plan to do this when you head back down here after in the fall. Would love to explore the mines in the Ord Mountains and hit Old Dale Road in Joshua Tree. Have a great, safe and fun trip heading up North! Mike
Hi Mike, looks like right now the adventure north might be postponed till next year. Will be selling the house here and moving to Vancouver, WA within the next few months. I have a lot to take care of here at the house so a long vacation is out. I will want to plan this in the fall and travel back down to be a part of the Ord Mountain and/or Old Dale Road trip.

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Hi Mike, looks like right now the adventure north might be postponed till next year. Will be selling the house here and moving to Vancouver, WA within the next few months. I have a lot to take care of here at the house so a long vacation is out. I will want to plan this in the fall and travel back down to be a part of the Ord Mountain and/or Old Dale Road trip.
Oh wow Terry, that's big news! I hope everything is ok and this is a good move. We're going to miss you! Does this mean we'll get to see you for the July meet or this trail run?

Reactions: Liana Lehua

SoCal-JKU14

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Corona, CA
Member #

Now thats big news! Understandable as somethings in life can be more important than others at times and I'm sure that this is a big move for you at this time. I'm sure you'll get to do the big trip at another time. Washington is a really nice state and if we are ever near Vancouver Wa. in the future we will for sure like to meet-up with you. If you will be at the July meet-up we will for sure make it a big effort to make it there to see you before your move. : )

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Now thats big news! Understandable as somethings in life can be more important than others at times and I'm sure that this is a big move for you at this time. I'm sure you'll get to do the big trip at another time. Washington is a really nice state and if we are ever near Vancouver Wa. in the future we will for sure like to meet-up with you. If you will be at the July meet-up we will for sure make it a big effort to make it there to see you before your move. : )
Thanks, hope to see you the 7th the new location is nice. And you 2 are always welcome to stop into my new place if you in that neck of the woods.

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hey all, just got up to BB and it's warm/Hot. Just a thought for tomorrow to dress comfortable and don't forget drinks, hats, sunscreen and???

Looking forward to meeting everyone and having a great day!

Reactions: SoCal-JKU14

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Hey all, just got up to BB and it's warm/Hot. Just a thought for tomorrow to dress comfortable and don't forget drinks, hats, sunscreen and???

Looking forward to meeting everyone and having a great day!
Great points! Also, make sure your vehicle's cooling systems are working well and you have AC. It's going to be HOT

Last edited:

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Great points! Also make sure you vehicles cooling systems are working well and you have AC. It's going to be HOT
Hey Frank, as a side note, I've been talking with Kent Reynolds ( The OB west Ambassador) about OB meet ups for LA and OC and would like take some time tomorrow to discuss with you.

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Hey Frank, as a side note, I've been talking with Kent Reynolds ( The OB west Ambassador) about OB meet ups for LA and OC and would like take some time tomorrow to discuss with you.
Sounds good. I have been talking with Kent as well over the last couple days. Some great things on the horizon. See you tomorrow!

csilv

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Ana, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Silverberg
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6IOS
I had a fantastic time yesterday. This was my first Overland Bound event, so it was fantastic to meet everyone and talk about experiences and rigs. I hope to see many of you again in the future. Thank you especially to @FrankRoams for organizing the event.

Carol Anne and I have created a shared album on Google Photos. Feel free to download any of these photos, or add to the album if you want. https://photos.app.goo.gl/qztNFoQ1aH1VfSc48

Liana Lehua

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southern California, CA, USA
First Name
Liana
Last Name
Lehua
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6WH
I hope everything is ok @Terry Pickens and your sale and move go well.

Liana Lehua

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southern California, CA, USA
First Name
Liana
Last Name
Lehua
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6WH
I had a fantastic time yesterday. This was my first Overland Bound event, so it was fantastic to meet everyone and talk about experiences and rigs. I hope to see many of you again in the future. Thank you especially to @FrankRoams for organizing the event.

Carol Anne and I have created a shared album on Google Photos. Feel free to download any of these photos, or add to the album if you want. https://photos.app.goo.gl/qztNFoQ1aH1VfSc48
It was great meeting you both and sharing humongous salads. HAHA! Great pics. Thank you for taking the and sharing.

@FrankRoams GREAT run! Thanks so much for organizing and to Shannon for photos and support. I'll see you at the July meetup.