First Name
Alex
Last Name
Barrett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M6ZZS
Hi All,

For the past 3 years I've been using Wolf Boxes which are great as I have the Hannibal Wolf Box cover which keeps 2 of them nice and dust free and dry.

Getting a bit sick of the infernal clips on the darn things breaking and a few of the lids appear to have warped with time and stacking so I'm looking for some replacements if there's something else out there, or perhaps some indestructible clips?!

Willing to go a bit bigger but don't really want to spend over £50 per box as I like to have 5 or 6 of them with different kits in depending on what I'm doing or how long I'm going for.

Any ideas and suggestions welcome!

Alex

Reactions: D3Overland

D3Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Canterbury, UK
Member #

Hi All,

For the past 3 years I've been using Wolf Boxes which are great as I have the Hannibal Wolf Box cover which keeps 2 of them nice and dust free and dry.

Getting a bit sick of the infernal clips on the darn things breaking and a few of the lids appear to have warped with time and stacking so I'm looking for some replacements if there's something else out there, or perhaps some indestructible clips?!

Willing to go a bit bigger but don't really want to spend over £50 per box as I like to have 5 or 6 of them with different kits in depending on what I'm doing or how long I'm going for.

Alex
Same here Alex...those bloody clips are a nightmare ! i've had 6 break on me in the past month...frustrating isn't it...was at Overland show this weekend looking for something different but everyone was selling Wolf boxes :-( ... that or Zarges boxes...and then the price goes silly !

Scarab

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Hastings - England
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Barrett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M6ZZS
Indeed they do look good stacked and they stay stacked too, unlike some others.

I have got some clips which are metal and seem not to break but they are bleeding uncomfortable to use (as well as pricey for what they are!)
I can't post links yet but if you look for APB Trading Wolf Box Clips they are made of strong wire type stuff but if you are using them in the cold/wet and closing down a tight box then they can really hurt your thumbs.

I had considered having some plastic covers for them 3D printed but thought by the time I'd put £9.99 + Delivery into the clips then probably another £25 getting some plastic covers these wolf boxes are costing a bit too much if you have as many of them as you and I seem to collect ;) !

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
image.jpeg
Indeed they do look good stacked and they stay stacked too, unlike some others.

I have got some clips which are metal and seem not to break but they are bleeding uncomfortable to use (as well as pricey for what they are!)
I can't post links yet but if you look for APB Trading Wolf Box Clips they are made of strong wire type stuff but if you are using them in the cold/wet and closing down a tight box then they can really hurt your thumbs.

I had considered having some plastic covers for them 3D printed but thought by the time I'd put £9.99 + Delivery into the clips then probably another £25 getting some plastic covers these wolf boxes are costing a bit too much if you have as many of them as you and I seem to collect ;) !
You missed out on some cracking mod boxes at peterboro. I waited and waited then pounced lol. £ 30 each. Small in got him down and £50 the big uns all aliuminum water tight. Paint green but. Am going to rapter mine asap and got abother bargin yesterday

Reactions: Jimmy P and Scarab

Scarab

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Hastings - England
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Barrett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M6ZZS
Planning on Raptor coating my Roofrack, Sump Guard and Ladder soon so some Raptor coated MOD boxes would look pretty awesome to go with it. Been watching some on eBay for a while but all go for north of £100 and I just can't justify it.

You really did get a bargain. A friend of mine last year managed to get a job lot of 5 large Pelicases at a boot sale for £5 each - I always seem to miss the good deals!

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg. Should have bought the lot though They stack like a dream and are tough ive left them out side all over the week end bone dry inside. There were some plastic ones yesterday £10 each but bucket shaped did not bother with them

Attachments

Last edited:

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

North Walsham, Norfolk, UK
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

I must admit, I've been using the "really useful boxes" and have worked well as I've got 2x 64ltr ones which holds the majority of my kit for camping so slide them in when needed and fit beautifully side by side width ways in the back between the wheel arches on the boot floor

I've just recently bought a Wolf Pack by Front runner and I'm fairly happy with it which surprised me - waiting to get a 2nd for further "back of landy" trial and see how it pans out
But for now.. Good place to store this lot

Reactions: Bryan_FRO

Bryan_FRO

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Agoura Hills CA
Member #

I must admit, I've been using the "really useful boxes" and have worked well as I've got 2x 64ltr ones which holds the majority of my kit for camping so slide them in when needed and fit beautifully side by side width ways in the back between the wheel arches on the boot floor

I've just recently bought a Wolf Pack by Front runner and I'm fairly happy with it which surprised me - waiting to get a 2nd for further "back of landy" trial and see how it pans out
But for now.. Good place to store this lot

Awesome!

Bryan_FRO

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Agoura Hills CA
Member #

Hi All,

Alex
Have you tried the steel replacement clips made for the wolf boxes? They should have them at Front Runner.

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

North Walsham, Norfolk, UK
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Have you tried the steel replacement clips made for the wolf boxes? They should have them at Front Runner.
Yeah a few people have mentioned it to me about the metal clips, I will prob get a set at some point to see how they fair, but the comments I've had so far means the plastic clips are pretty hardy and would last a while (depending on how often you open and close the boxes) and when they get a bit too fatigued swap to the metal ones (which again would eventually bend and break - but such is the nature of clips lol)

Scarab

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Hastings - England
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Barrett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M6ZZS
The group ones are good but goodness they hurt your fingers in the cold!

Spurs14

Rank 0

Contributor II

Uk
Go with the really useful boxes have used them for years now they are great clip system is first class , they are tough and same size as wolf boxes but much cheaper check out there website

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Panama City Beach, FL, USA
First Name
RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
Hello. Im not sure if these are available in your area. They are from Ridged Tool Company and come in 2 sizes with a lid and 1 is like a basket. They have gaskets on the lid, stack together and lock together when needed.
we use the smaller one as a first aid kit.

Last edited:

Brandon Harvey

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Oregon
Member #

I am pretty happy with the Plano 1919 Sportsman trunk. Haven’t leaked yet while in the bed of my truck in the Oregon rains and you can’t beat the $41 price on Amazon

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Traveler I

NY
Sorry turned it over.
Thanks for the idea pics! I was scouring the web and local stores looking for reviews and ideas about storage, but it was either too much $ or typical problems. Almost decided that I'd have to drop $$ on Pelicans or find them used, until I went into HD and a Ridgid rep saw me looking at storage bins, and brought me over to these. The removable trays, metal handles w/ interchangeable locking feature, weather seal, impact resistance. Literally a perfect setup. Made my measurements and just picked up the medium and small sizes today. Probably get 2 more mediums and maybe 1 or 2 smalls.

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

X1 on the Ridgid boxes.. I have 1 each of the brief case and box. I mainly use them for transportation of my hand guns, ammo and cleaning kits when going shooting. Over all, a great box for the multi purpose use.

I need to get more of these.

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

We use Really Useful boxes inside the truck, variety of sizes, but mostly 35 ltr, with standard or high lids. Many of them have stood the test of time for several years, just don't try standing on them (ha ha). We use the clear ones, so the contents can be identified quickly. They'll keep the rain out if left out overnight.
We also use Wolf Boxes in Frontrunner bags on the roof. Always stayed dry and dust free. The plastic clips are fine, as long as you don't force them, never broken one yet, but do have a few of the metal ones ready for when one does break, I'll change them as needed.

Reactions: Kevigizmo