Investor

Contributor II

Vacaville, CA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Schaffer
Member #

I've been informed there is a birthday party we are attending and unfortunately will have to back out of this. A friend of a friend just did Bowman this past weekend and got all the way to the lake so enjoy folks! Would love to do this if you roll again sometime. We tried last year around this time and didn't make it due to too much snow.

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
We did a pre run on Sunday. We were no able to run the complete road. We did find some great side roads that we can explore. I ran the trails in a stock taco with no problem. We did find some snow that we could play in if we want to. Weather was around 34 so bring proper clothing. Reach out if you need additional questions answered.

Keith Feighner

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast I

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Feighner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCS
Damn, I was waiting for this run.that’s the same day as our 35th anniversary. And NO I will not even mention it, 35 yrs+ has taught me to pick my battles. Hopedfully you’ll have an encore trip date. Have fun.
Your 35 year anniversary is a higher priority. Happy anniversary.

Reactions: Offroadtails

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Wondering how this went? Were you able to get to the lake this past weekend?
The complete road is yet open, you can make it maybe 2 to 3 miles past the lake, then snow stops the progress. We have 5 member show up and enjoyed the day exploring some off the side trails. John, next time you are bring taco fixings say something I would have brought the rice beans for them. A very big thank you for sharing And setting the bar higher for the next trip. There were pictures taken by some of the other people and hopefully they post them soon.

For those who not able to make it on this run, we will do another one once the has melted enough for us the get through. Please say tuned.

Coachjj3

Rank V

Protector III

Elk Grove, Sacramento County, California, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Hesse
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6UPR
Wondering how this went? Were you able to get to the lake this past weekend?
The complete road is yet open, you can make it maybe 2 to 3 miles past the lake, then snow stops the progress. We have 5 member show up and enjoyed the day exploring some off the side trails. John, next time you are bring taco fixings say something I would have brought the rice beans for them. A very big thank you for sharing And setting the bar higher for the next trip. There were pictures taken by some of the other people and hopefully they post them soon.

For those who not able to make it on this run, we will do another one once the has melted enough for us the get through. Please say tuned.
Thanks for bringing me along! I have some GoPro video up too. Apologize in advance as I was listening to music and just left it in rather then edit it out. So hit me up if you want the video links.

Reactions: Offroadtails

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Thanks for bringing me along! I have some GoPro video up too. Apologize in advance as I was listening to music and just left it in rather then edit it out. So hit me up if you want the video links.
I would like to have the link.

until next time

Advtres

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Hollister, CA, USA
First Name
Lizabeth
Last Name
Deliriumskid
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6STB
If you don't mind sharing with me would like to see it, sorry I missed it!

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Can one make it from the Little Town of Washington all the way to Bowman?

-TJ

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Reactions: Coachjj3

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM

-TJ
I heard there was a route, I will have to research it. Not sure with all the fires we have had. Keep in touch. If there is the next could start there.

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM

-TJ
There is a route, at least according to the maps I looked at. depending on the size of the group it could be a over nighter or a long day on the trail. Let the planning begin.