US Southeast Borderland XT trailer - $16k coastal Georgia

• HTML tutorial

squatchgx

Rank 0

Traveler I

Georgia
When loaded with reasonable amount of gear and full water it should be just under 2000 lbs. I don’t have a tongue weight scale but according to geometry of axle and bar should be around 200-250lbs.

Brickmason

Rank 0

Traveler I

N.GA
Hello,
I just saw this while searching for something like this. I joined today to make contact. Live in N. Ga area.
Have a few questions.

Brickmason

Rank 0

Traveler I

N.GA
Sure just let me know what questions:
Not use to this forum....is there a way to private message...or text via phone?

Few questions:
1. Are you the orginal owner?
2. Is a tent for roof included?
3. Does this unit have a refrigerator or cooler chest?
4. Does it come with spare tire and mount?
5. Is the cabin compartment insulated in any way?
6. Can you provide a build list or info sheets with the options on this unit for me to review?
7. Any significant rust from proximity to coastal water exposure?
8. From photos I noticed this unit has an articulating hitch..I assume you would part with mating receiver for towing...is that assumption correct?

If easier my area code is six seven eight .
Five eight zero prefix
Eight two, zero four.

I understand the pain associated with reselling a low miles usage unit.
I had a similar experience when we sold our first conventional travel trailer a few years back. We too took a big hit.

Mason

squatchgx

Rank 0

Traveler I

Georgia
I will text to provide a bit more in a little bit, but quickly
1: yes, original owner
2: no, rooftop tent is not included
3: no refrigerator included
4: spare for was not done as it matched our vehicle spare
5: cabin is not insulated, there are little areas that foam panels can be fairly easily put in.
6: in general options are noted but will look to see what list I can find without personal/bank info included.
7: No significant rust, they powder coated hinges which have minimal flakes because they move. I go spray any of these areas with wd40 to protect them but many seem to be stainless or otherwise corrosion resistant anyway.
8: yes, the vehicle side of the articulated hitch is included.

Brickmason

Rank 0

Traveler I

N.GA
I will text to provide a bit more in a little bit, but quickly
1: yes, original owner
2: no, rooftop tent is not included
3: no refrigerator included
4: spare for was not done as it matched our vehicle spare
5: cabin is not insulated, there are little areas that foam panels can be fairly easily put in.
6: in general options are noted but will look to see what list I can find without personal/bank info included.
7: No significant rust, they powder coated hinges which have minimal flakes because they move. I go spray any of these areas with wd40 to protect them but many seem to be stainless or otherwise corrosion resistant anyway.
8: yes, the vehicle side of the articulated hitch is included.
Forgot to ask about battery/batteries.
What type and any issues. I couldn't find any info at mfg website.
I assume they are stored/located at front of cabin where water filters are located.

By chance is there a plug in for additional free standing solar panel?

squatchgx

Rank 0

Traveler I

Georgia
The batteries are the deep cycle type. I am not positive about total size but they said I can easily keep up with fridge, lights etc. They are in good condition. I charge from house from time to time and they essentially get trickle charger from solar setup. There is a panel at the front of the inner compartment (not the front wood box area) that unbolts to get access to all the systems for maintenance/checking. Batteries are there as well as access to water heater etc. There is a plug-in on the front near the top for shore/generator power not sure if this can also be used to add a panel. I will take more pictures and text to you this afternoon once it clears up a bit around here. There may be an input directory the solar controller for more panels but have to double check.

Brickmason

Rank 0

Traveler I

N.GA
The batteries are the deep cycle type. I am not positive about total size but they said I can easily keep up with fridge, lights etc. They are in good condition. I charge from house from time to time and they essentially get trickle charger from solar setup. There is a panel at the front of the inner compartment (not the front wood box area) that unbolts to get access to all the systems for maintenance/checking. Batteries are there as well as access to water heater etc. There is a plug-in on the front near the top for shore/generator power not sure if this can also be used to add a panel. I will take more pictures and text to you this afternoon once it clears up a bit around here. There may be an input directory the solar controller for more panels but have to double check.

Brickmason

Rank 0

Traveler I

N.GA
Another question as I look to do some add ons.
I would like to add at least one spare tire and wheel to the unit. Please let me know what Toyota vehicle, year model..and if known what size wheel, tire that is on that vehicle so I can price to add. Tire info as well please.
Thanks.