First Name
Jon
Last Name
Haar
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Army
Hey guys,

App install was straightforward and painless, just had to make sure to allow installs from unknown sources on Android. Logged in on first try with no issues.

Will play around with it some more to see if any issues pop up.

Thanks for the great app and resources @Michael

Reactions: yetteldorf

ForceXXI

Rank VI
Launch Member
Investor

Explorer I

Grand Island, Ne
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Haar
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Army
It's the official OB1 app. I believe the download link is in the sticky thread above. Currently in beta testing with limited functionality right now.

yetteldorf

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Arkansas
First Name
YVETTE
Last Name
ETTELDORF
Member #

Thanks, I’m trying. Shows a test which nothing is available so went to the next step!

chshrkt

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast II

Burbank, San Jose, CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

As shown in my image, it is very difficult to select the side menu because of the camera. I usually cause the Android pull-down menu to activate, unless I use the very tippy point of my little finger with a bit of a left side swipe to get the OB1 side menu.
Perhaps the side menu can be moved a bit down or to the left.

Attachments

chshrkt

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast II

Burbank, San Jose, CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Okay, after a little more playing around, I found that the whole right side of my screen will activate the menu by swiping to the left, with some practice, I am getting pretty good at it.

However, my comment still stands with the placement of the menu icon. :grinning:

southerntaco

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Atlanta, GA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Chaves
Member #

Hello guys,

First I’d like to congratulate you on the amazing app you guys have been working on and the proposed features already in the plans. Second I wanted to discuss about GPS usage by the app. I know that for the member map to work gps must be on but is it really a good thing to just leave it on at all times? I mean, from the time I open the app it starts requesting for gps data and it keeps doing it 100% of the time even in the background until I kill the app. In my opinion it would be better if it did do use of gps like google maps does to track timeline and request every x minutes, or it could be a setting in the app to let the user set the delay according to their needs. By the way I know I can set iOS to just allow the app to use gps when not in the background but then if I need it running in the background to log my location I’d have to go to settings and change it every time. Well those were my two cents, let me know if it makes any sense at all. Thanks again for the great app and community. ✌

KHoltzen

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hailey, ID, USA
First Name
Kurt
Last Name
Holtzen
Member #

I have the same issue with an Android. I have been restarting my phone and leaving the app closed to save battery until a fix is made

Coop17510

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Purcell, OK, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

It well let me see the notifications but when I click on it to go to the thread it won’t do anything.

Matt Hixson

Rank V

Member I

Big Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hixson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FZJ
I previously had a link in my signature. I went to update it, and now it seems that the link is not being saved at all. I've used the BB code to put text around my text, but it just turns into plain text in my signature. Am I doing something wrong?

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
App has not sent me a log in for 7 days now.
Not hearing from anyone about the problem.

AtlasBound

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Washington
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I just logged out and logged back in to test it and I didn't have a problem. I'm using an iPhone XS Max with iOS 13.4.1. I'm not sure what phone/software everyone else is running. Have you tried rebooting the phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.