Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Hi Steve! The Skottle is $125. You can get more info here: Skottle

Thanks, I knew the price through Tembo Tusk. I was asking if anyone had found a good deal or discounts through other vendors, of it you (@administrator ) had finagled a discount for us Overland Bound Members or Contributors. I want to order on for my trip to Florida in February. Thanks!

[EDIT] The killer is shipping! I'm finding prices of $50-55 to ship a $125 item, which is crazy!

Last edited:

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

I have had luck in the past calling the vendor directly and asking about potentially free shipping or a discounted rate, just say "I really would like to buy it from you but the shipping is a killer!!" Has worked for me numerous times, I think I am on about a 60% success rate on it lol Used it on a tire/wheel package that they wanted $150 to ship, I got them to do free shipping and mount/balance the tires on the rims before they ship them.

Reactions: murps and Steve

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

My @TemboTusk Skottle arrived today. I got the full kit, which includes the Skottle, the Blue Ridge Overland Gear carry bags, and the Coleman single-burner stove. Wow, is that a nice setup, and the packaging was superb! (I did quite a bit of packaging design in a previous life.) It uses the 1 pound propane bottles I have in the gear shelf in the garage, so I'm all set there. If I find I use it a lot, I might see splurging for one of those 5 pound bottles discussed in another thread.

I can already taste that shrimp on the beach during our upcoming Florida trip! Thanks for introducing us to these, @administrator

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
My @TemboTusk Skottle arrived today. I got the full kit, which includes the Skottle, the Blue Ridge Overland Gear carry bags, and the Coleman single-burner stove. Wow, is that a nice setup, and the packaging was superb! (I did quite a bit of packaging design in a previous life.) It uses the 1 pound propane bottles I have in the gear shelf in the garage, so I'm all set there. If I find I use it a lot, I might see splurging for one of those 5 pound bottles discussed in another thread.

I can already taste that shrimp on the beach during our upcoming Florida trip! Thanks for introducing us to these, @administrator
Awesome! Enjoy! We use ours regularly!

M

Reactions: Chris Zawacki

FauxLux

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Centennial, Colorado, 80016
First Name
Thatch
Last Name
VdB
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ETT
Anyone bought a TemboTusk Skottle and have a recommendation on the best price retailer? Do Overland Bound members get any sort of discount? @administrator @TemboTusk
Those Skottle prices are criminal hipster nonsense. Pick up a King Kooker propane wok rig and a shallow carbon steel wok to fit. Should be less than $80USD.

Halfbreed_Ovrlandr

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Evans, GA
Member #

Do they usually sell these at the Overlander Expos? The shipping is just crazy high. Since I will be going to the one on the East Coast, I can just wait to get one if this is the case.