Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Costa
Last Name
Etlender
Member #

I’m trying to find an easy place to take my 4yo son camping for the first time June 24-26. Be cool to do one coast and then one inland.

From Pacifica.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Hi, have 3 and 4.5yo kids, I am hoping to try out Corral Hollow in the near future with the family.

Reactions: Jopina7807

Filthy_cruiser

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

BAY AREA
Member #

Hi, have 3 and 4.5yo kids, I am hoping to try out Corral Hollow in the near future with the family.
We did the Corral Hollow trail the first weekend of June. It was pretty low key from the western trail head to the lookout. There were some sections of relatively deep snow toward the top, which we spent a couple hours digging out. (Relative being the key word because Im still on stock suspension on road tires.) From the look out to the eastern trail head was more moderate (still do-able with a stock rig if you pick the right lines). Lots of tight good sized rocks, tight squeezes and rutted out sections of the trail. Hope this helps!

I would recommend starting at the western trail head, going to the look-out and back.

Last edited:

SkweekyXJ

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Edmund
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GUN
If anyone is ever interested in exploring MNF shoot me a PM. It's my back yard, and know the southern portion fairly well if anyone wants a guide. We try to run the Lost Coast too on occasion if that would interest anyone.
Any interest in doing an explore of the northern region of MNF?

1SF4Runner

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Francisco Bay Area
Member #

Hello, all! I'm also new to overlanding and running a stock rig aside from my Toyo Open Country A/T IIs. Going to head up to Hollister Hills SVRA on Wednesday, June 27th. Going to check out the SVRA easiest trails. If anyone is interested in joining, let me know.

Anders0nic

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member
Supporter

Pathfinder I

Benicia, CA
First Name
Anderson
Last Name
Carlisle
Member #

Hey! Welcome!

I’m based in the Bay Area (San Mateo) and am also looking for local wheeling buddies. I’ve done a few trips but very much consider myself a novice.

Unfortunately, I can’t make the weekends you listed, but a friend and I are going to Hollister on July 28th if you’d like to come along.

If I am readin your username correctly, does this mean you are an MR2 owner? I wouldn’t mind tagging along on your trip.

Mayday!

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hi guys,

Really interested in getting my Xterra dirty! I'll monitor this thread and see what people are up to. I'm setting up a pack out to be ready to go as my Xterra is also a DD and mostly stock. Not looking to beat it up just have fun and see some new things.