Enthusiast III

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Costa
Last Name
Etlender
Member #

Hi Overlanders,

I am new to overlanding and offroading, some time ago I bought a 1995 Isuzu trooper and fixed it up a bit, tested it on road for about 500 miles so far and I think I am ready to try it out offroad. I would like to find someone or a group to join for a few local day trips before I am confident enough (in the rig and myself) to take the family out for longer trips.

I live in Mountain House, CA (Near Tracy) and would like to go out in the next couple of weekends, the 6/16-17 or 6/23-24 (or both). I am open to suggestion for locations but I was thinking of Frank Raines, Corral Hollow, maybe Hollister. Preferably easy-moderate trails as I am inexperienced.

About my Rig:
1995 Isuzu trooper, 5 speed, 1.5"-2" lift, 32" MT tires, no underbody protection other than stock, LSD in rear, open front diff.
No CB radio yet but I do have GMRS.

Last edited:

SkweekyXJ

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Edmund
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GUN
Howdy!

I am located in Dublin and have been looking for learning wheeling buddies as well. So far I'm available the coming weekends, but also looking at maybe going to explore Mendo NF and do some camping. Currently building the interior storage for my xj.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using OB Talk mobile app

Costa

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Costa
Last Name
Etlender
Member #

Mark2Mister2, sounds good, at the moment I don't have any plans for 7/28, I'd like to join you guys if nothing changes.

SkweekyXJ, sounds good, Mendo NF sounds good but I would like to stay closer and be less lost for the first trip, you know, in case my wheels fall off or something :)
I've never been to Frank Raines or the other two but it's the closest and can probably fit the bill.

LRDSII

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Truckee, CA, USA
First Name
Abdi
Last Name
Mohsenin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKE
Lmk if you plan anything I will join as well if time allows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkweekyXJ

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Edmund
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GUN
My hope is to make a multi day run up to Mendo NF later this week/weekend. Wife wants to get away so it will be exploring with goal of campsite away from people. The coming weekends I'm game to go to Frank Reines though before they close for the season.

Costa

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Costa
Last Name
Etlender
Member #

My hope is to make a multi day run up to Mendo NF later this week/weekend. Wife wants to get away so it will be exploring with goal of campsite away from people. The coming weekends I'm game to go to Frank Reines though before they close for the season.
Unfortunately, I'm busy this weekend.

Looks like we have some interest in going to Frank Raines the following weekend, so how about next Saturday? 6/16 a trip to Frank Raines? Who's interested?

1486toyota

Rank 0

Traveler I

Welcome! I am actually new to this group also and recently built a Toyota for a trip I’m going on at the end of June but I will be doing a test trial run at frank reigns this Saturday 6/9/18 I’m located in Tracy and have several of us going let me know if you want to tag along [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Costa

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Costa
Last Name
Etlender
Member #

Welcome! I am actually new to this group also and recently built a Toyota for a trip I’m going on at the end of June but I will be doing a test trial run at frank reigns this Saturday 6/9/18 I’m located in Tracy and have several of us going let me know if you want to tag along [emoji1303]

Thanks for the offer, unfortunately, I am not available this weekend.

Reactions: 1486toyota

Mark2Mister2

Rank III

Enthusiast II

San Mateo
Mark2Mister2, sounds good, at the moment I don't have any plans for 7/28, I'd like to join you guys if nothing changes.

SkweekyXJ, sounds good, Mendo NF sounds good but I would like to stay closer and be less lost for the first trip, you know, in case my wheels fall off or something :)
I've never been to Frank Raines or the other two but it's the closest and can probably fit the bill.
Right on. I’ll keep you posted as we get closer to the day. Would be nice to have a group of us out there.

SkweekyXJ

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Edmund
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GUN

Might end up coming along for the day trip, as my construction of interior storage is taking longer than I was hoping. What time were you thinking, and would we caravan or just meet up at the park?

SkweekyXJ

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Edmund
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GUN
Any update to the timing for tomorrow's excursion to Frank Reines OHV Park?

BayAreaTundra

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Danville, CA
Member #

New to OB. Wifey and I go out to Frank Raines to camp all of the time (when we want to go camping with our RV and not need to book way in advance). I would love to join you guys next time.

SkweekyXJ

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Edmund
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GUN
Then would be the time, as Frank Reines closes for the season on the 18th. If a number end up going I'm likely to be drawn along.