Battery Odessey or Optima?

• HTML tutorial

collinrach22

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Louisiana
Member #

Hey so while on deployment car had something going on and the battery is dead. I have looked into Odessey and Optima battery’s. I want so thing that will set us up for a dual battery some day. If people have been running them I’d love to hear what people have to say about them.
Aloha

collinrach22

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Louisiana
Member #

I ended up going with the odyssey extreme 34. I wanted to go with a 31 but then the bracket and all that starts to add up. The 34 kills the battery I had before so I should last a good amount of time and with all the accessories. My to mention Made in AMERICA

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

I used to love Optima but they no longer last. They had a nice warranty but I would prefer to not have to use that warranty. I went through 3 and then got an Odessey. Had it for a couple of years now. Much better than the Optima.

Optima’s are great, and I have always used twin marine blue tops (42amp or t4 amp I think) as the cranking batteries but after using a yuasa black ultimate I can’t go back nothing beats them for value and they last forever.

In my classic cars that are left standing for longtimes get odyssey pc1350’s

bendts

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

A Pasture in Wisconsin
First Name
Bendt
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N0WTR
I put an Odessey in mine 4 yrs ago after going through 3 Optima's in about 4 years. - It has never failed in the 4 years I've had it. Will be updating to a dual batt system with the same. No more Optima s for me.