Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Just letting you know - in looking to see if I show up on the member map (I wasn't for awhile so was checking both mobile and desktop devices), I ran across bad links both in Safari and in the OB Talk app.

Using Safari on iPhone X (both up to date): Logged in, clicked menu icon on the left of the first screen presented when logging in, selected Member Map, got "Route map/ could not be found." Looks like link to Route maps and Member map got crossed or code got copied wrong.

badmaplink.jpg

In OB Talk , same thing, slightly different result: Logged in, clicked menu icon, selected Member Map, got "Route usermap/ could not be found." Also showed me as not logged in, though I'd just clicked from being logged in to OB Talk.

badmaplink-obtalk.jpg
Thought someone ought to know.

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

Maybe the issue is with OB talk?

I'm struggling with OB talk - it'll show that I have notifications, but then when I go into it, I have no idea where to find what I'm being notified about.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Maybe the issue is with OB talk?

I'm struggling with OB talk - it'll show that I have notifications, but then when I go into it, I have no idea where to find what I'm being notified about.
Well, no. The first example isn't using the OBTalk app at all, it's simply using Safari mobile version of the website.

I have trouble with OBTalk too, @nickburt, and find it terribly slow and unresponsive, sometimes never loading the page when I have no trouble with other sites in the same wifi or cell data session. I also find it a bit cumbersome in general, as you've found, to get around.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Just letting you know - in looking to see if I show up on the member map (I wasn't for awhile so was checking both mobile and desktop devices), I ran across bad links both in Safari and in the OB Talk app.

Using Safari on iPhone X (both up to date): Logged in, clicked menu icon on the left of the first screen presented when logging in, selected Member Map, got "Route map/ could not be found." Looks like link to Route maps and Member map got crossed or code got copied wrong.

View attachment 44213

In OB Talk , same thing, slightly different result: Logged in, clicked menu icon, selected Member Map, got "Route usermap/ could not be found." Also showed me as not logged in, though I'd just clicked from being logged in to OB Talk.

View attachment 44217
Thought someone ought to know.
Wow! Thank you so much! That was a full-on legit bug!

It has been fixed! I really appreciate the message!

M

Reactions: Road

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Wow! Thank you so much! That was a full-on legit bug!

It has been fixed! I really appreciate the message!

M
Hey Michael - I know you’re just getting back and no doubt have your hands more than full, but I’m sure you want to know that while the Safari bug on mobile is fixed, OBTalk is still doing the same thing as described in my original post; Menu/Member Map opens an error page on the site on which you’ve also been logged out. When you log in on that page (even if already logged into overlandbound.com in another tab as well as logged in to OBTalk), takes you right back to the error page, not the map. So, at present, no effective or efficient way to access the Member Map from the app, if that’s what you want to have happen.

Tested on iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 4, and iPhone X, all with same results.

Welcome back to the workaday world! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk