Aux fuse box and relays

• HTML tutorial

Tacoma889

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

I searched around this forum and couldn't find anything on everyone's aux fuse box setups to run all our extra electronic stuff like lights, radio, compressor, and, fridge.

So post up what you have going on this topic like parts and, locations you mounted it all up.

I have mine on a Toyota Tacoma mounted under the hood passenger side.

Parts list
Blue sea 12 fuse block
Six relays
100 am main fuse
otrattw switches

What I have so far wired with relays

Here is what it kinda looks like in the truck so far

Switches

Sent from my SM-N910V using Overland Bound Talk mobile app

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

Nice work! Sure beats having 20 extra connections to the battery and loads of lose inline fuse holders.

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

When I built my drawer system, I made sure to leave space for radios, fuse boxes, and relays.

Nice piece of plywood to screw everything in to, and seats to protect them.

I really like that Switch Pro setup. I'll probably get another one for under the hood when I start adding on those accessories. (air pump, driving lights, rock lights, etc).

That breaker is 150A, there is also a 100A fuse under the hood at the battery that leads in to that breaker.

Tacoma889

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

When I built my drawer system, I made sure to leave space for radios, fuse boxes, and relays.

Nice piece of plywood to screw everything in to, and seats to protect them.

I really like that Switch Pro setup. I'll probably get another one for under the hood when I start adding on those accessories. (air pump, driving lights, rock lights, etc).

That breaker is 150A, there is also a 100A fuse under the hood at the battery that leads in to that breaker.
Looks like you have a really nice setup. I wanted that switch pro deal but, I couldn't justify the 400 dollars for one.

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
I searched around this forum and couldn't find anything on everyone's aux fuse box setups to run all our extra electronic stuff like lights, radio, compressor, and, fridge.

So post up what you have going on this topic like parts and, locations you mounted it all up.

I have mine on a Toyota Tacoma mounted under the hood passenger side.

Parts list
Blue sea 12 fuse block
Six relays
100 am main fuse
otrattw switches

What I have so far wired with relays

Here is what it kinda looks like in the truck so far

Switches

Sent from my SM-N910V using Overland Bound Talk mobile app
Very nice. Very clean set up.

Reactions: Tacoma889

Tacoma889

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

I did the same switch location like you did, OP

But I used the bussman fuse + relay box in the engine bay:
(ignore the long power cables, I trimmed them down since this picture)

The box open looks like this (found this image on the web):

]
Yours is much nicer than mine. Great work my friend [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

My setup in my 2015 Xterra. Power along other things, the CB, Rigid 40" light bar, Rigid Q2 bumper lights, Rigid D2 rear lights, Bullydog tuner, ARB fridge, ARB CKMTA12 compressor, 400W inverter, and soon to be a dozen Lux rock lights.

trailhunter

Rank III

Traveler I

US
Thread revive - Can I run a bus bar in the cabin behind the radio so I'm not having to feed multiple wires into the firewall? I have 4x cameras that I'd like to connect to a bus bar or fuse box.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
@trailhunter Sure thing, just make sure that you have an inline fuse between the battery and the bus bar/fuse box... preferably as close to the battery as possible. Also, make sure that your fuse and battery run are sized correctly for the draw of the items. Undersized wire will heat up and cause a fire. Here is a good reference [link].

Reactions: 4wheelspulling