Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

As I make my way through the “OB1 Nuts and Bolts” videos on YouTube I have not run into directions on how to delete a location or trial. Please Michael, make more of these videos and put a sticky link here in this thread of the forum. Thanks!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
As I make my way through the “OB1 Nuts and Bolts” videos on YouTube I have not run into directions on how to delete a location or trial. Please Michael, make more of these videos and put a sticky link here in this thread of the forum. Thanks!
In order to delete POIs and tracks you have to send an email to support@overlandbound.com for public tracks/POIs. For private POI and GPX, you can Just simply press on the trash can

4F4619F7-F22F-4C42-9E02-864B12168934.png

Reactions: Ubiety

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

In order to delete POIs and tracks you have to send an email to support@overlandbound.com for public tracks/POIs. For private POI and GPX, you can Just simply press on the trash can

View attachment 235190

Thanks Rose. It looks like that glitch that Jim found (the problem I was having making locations private) might be the reason I am not seeing the “delete” button on the bottom left. When I create them as “private” I am receiving the notice that they have been submitted for approval, when I go back and check they are “public”. At first I thought it was a mistake I was making but Jim noticed the same problem.

Attachments

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

View attachment 235190

Thanks Rose. It looks like that glitch that Jim found (the problem I was having making locations private) might be the reason I am not seeing the “delete” button on the bottom left. When I create them as “private” I am receiving the notice that they have been submitted for approval, when I go back and check they are “public”. At first I thought it was a mistake I was making but Jim noticed the same problem.

Attachments

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

What does everyone use to convert a KMZ (google earth) to GPX (OB1)? I see several online converters, which one is safe?

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Am I able to load gpx files from my laptop to use on the phone app? Recently bailed with OnX because the price and want to start using OB1 as the backup to Gaia when it's gets quirky.
Yes… but right now is a several step process… you must upload your GPX file to some kind of cloud based storage like “Drop Box” or Google Drive, and then download the file to your device, then upload the file to OB1… as soon as the web based interface goes live you will be able to do it all from your laptop without all the extra steps.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Am I able to load gpx files from my laptop to use on the phone app? Recently bailed with OnX because the price and want to start using OB1 as the backup to Gaia when it's gets quirky.
Soon OB1 will do the conversion directly… until then, youse your favorite converter.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
FYI - Since I don't use it all that often, I hadn't paid attention to which version was on my phone and then realized today my app never updated from the original downloaded version of 0.8. Just a tad out of date. :sunglasses:
I didn't seem able to update the currently installed version, so I uninstalled & reinstalled and all is right with the world. Thanks again for this great tool.

Reactions: Michael and M Rose